Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

BuzzTV XRS4900 - Players

Which Player to select ?

There are three Player options with the XRS4900
    1. Default
    2. Secondary
    3. External Player

-- The Default and the Secondary Players have been preinstalled on the XRS4900... with one of these Players most likely being a version of the VLC Player, as Buzz Team have in the past installed the VLC onto some of their Buzz devices.
    -- The External Player refers to any Player or Players that you yourself have installed since you purchased the STB.
    An External player may or may not work, depending on the Player and it's compatibilities.

There are three different iptv connection methods with the XRS4900 and shown below are the Player configurations that currently work with papiao in each of the connection methods.

1. MAC Server
    -- Live TV gives you two selections (Default and Secondary), both will work with papiao LiveTV channels.
    -- TV Series and VOD give you three selections (Default and Secondary and External), with the Default and the Secondary Player both working.

2. XC API Login
    -- Live TV gives you two selections (Default and Secondary), both will work with papiao LiveTV channels.
    -- TV Series and VOD give you three selections (Default and Secondary and External), with the Default Player working.
    While the Secondary Player will not work with papiao TV Series or VODs thru the XC API Login method.

3. M3U
    -- TV Series and VOD give you three selections (Default and Secondary and External), with the Default Player working.
    While the Secondary Player will not work with papiao TV Series or VODs thru the M3U method.

To access the Player selections --> while viewing TV channels or Series or VODs or viewing the EPG, follow the path shown below...
    Menu button on RCU > Settings > Configuration > LiveTV or VOD+Series
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-22-2022 at 01:13 AM.

Can we get a new update on this post ? People are having issues with the Video Player, using Buzz 5.0.799, we need a player update. VLC is version 3.5.4 and we need an update for that. Can you help ?

Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    Can we get a new update on this post ? People are having issues with the Video Player, using Buzz 5.0.799, we need a player update. VLC is version 3.5.4 and we need an update for that. Can you help ?
    Why not update it yourself?

Because now I am finding out that the Buzz boxes Primary Player is embedded in their firmware. I deleted VLC and the Primary stilled worked.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    Because now I am finding out that the Buzz boxes Primary Player is embedded in their firmware. I deleted VLC and the Primary stilled worked.
    If you delete VLC all the players will still work.