Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sounds great, I might do the same !

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I have tried a few Players but this is thru the BuzzTV X5 with the Buzz5 app.
    I will try the same on the 4900 asap, but results will probably be the same.

Installed and tried the MX Pro Player version:1.9.17 as External Player and it did not open the VODs.
    Installed and tried the VLC version: 3.4.4 as External Player and it did not open the VODs.

I looked for the other Players in the AppStore but did not see many other popular ones.

I also installed an IPTV app with it's onboard Player (I do not know which Player it uses thou).
    The channel list appeared and LiveTV worked, but VODs did not.

The onboard Default Player does still open and play VODs thou.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

thanks for the update. So I checked several things, the versions of the built in Video Media Players from Buzz.
    Both are version 2.211012
    Default Player is com.buzz.launcher2 / 1.9mb file size
    Secondary is buzztv.mediaplayer2.launcher / 2.27mb file size

the Default player on my end results in a spinning white circle that locks up the app when you try to exit or stop it
    the Secondary player gives an error message when pressing Play "Media Format is not Supported"

Check your 2 media players under settings, see all apps and see if they are the same version and size, I am curious now why your works.
    Also try the secondary Player to see if the same error message comes back.

fyi, the VLC external player was already installed on this new unit, and its version is 3.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    thanks for the update. So I checked several things, the versions of the built in Video Media Players from Buzz.
    Both are version 2.211012
    Default Player is com.buzz.launcher2 / 1.9mb file size
    Secondary is buzztv.mediaplayer2.launcher / 2.27mb file size

the Default player on my end results in a spinning white circle that locks up the app when you try to exit or stop it
    the Secondary player gives an error message when pressing Play "Media Format is not Supported"

Check your 2 media players under settings, see all apps and see if they are the same version and size, I am curious now why your works.
    Also try the secondary Player to see if the same error message comes back.

fyi, the VLC external player was already installed on this new unit, and its version is 3.3.4

sAME ERROR WITH sECONDARY PLAYER, YES.

Just a fast question thou. How long do you wait for that loading circle before you try exiting ?
    I have noticed the last few week ago that the VODs do take longer then normal to load, seems like too long but eventually that loading cycle ends and the VOD selection loads.

Let it load for a few minutes if you have not yet.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I have waited 15 min max, there is a problem because pressing Back or Home should not lock up the App to get a "BuzzTV has stopped responding"

Were you able to see the version number and file size ?

I am leaning in the direction of a Security issue with the Server when it is communicated from BuzzTV5 firmware, it is possible the Server is not seeing the correct credentials to start the movie. I am basing this on the fact that my Dreamlinks have a different application MyTV2 that communicates with the server and there is no issues with VOD or TV Series links. I will bet you other people have this issue with BuzzTV5 but have not verified it or not tried VOD. I went through 4 Buzz models, all having the same issue.
    Are you using an ISP in the states ?

I am leaning in the direction of a Security issue with the Server when it is communicated from BuzzTV5 firmware, it is possible the Server is not seeing the correct credentials to start the movie. I am basing this on the fact that my Dreamlinks have a different application MyTV2 that communicates with the server and there is no issues with VOD or TV Series links. I will bet you other people have this issue with BuzzTV5 but have not verified it or not tried VOD. I went through 4 Buzz models, all having the same issue.
    Are you using an ISP in the states ?
    I am in Canada.

There are not any other reports with this same issue thou. Sure there could be some that just have not checked or are not even on this site, but there are literally 100s of people on this site that run these BuzzTV devices with no reports of VODs not working at all. There were issues with PPV channels not working some time ago when these 4000 series boxes were first tested but I do not think there were ever a problem with VODs (reported).

and yes, this User Installed VLC is version: 3.3.4

I also have the same two apps ...

- com.buzz.launcher2 / 1.9mb file size ... my file size seems to be different thou, I see in the apps menu, it shows as 11.47 MB
    - buzztv.mediaplayer2.launcher / 2.27mb file size ... my file size seems to be different thou, I see in the apps menu, it shows as 16.16 MB

I do not know if I am reading the actual file sizes thou. I see they are getting the number from it's used internal shared storage size

This is still the BuzzTV X5 device with the buzz5 app
    - Frank Zappa

I have just noticed something. Those apps , the media player launcher and media player 2 launcher are not the Player apps (VLC or other)... Those apps are the home screens , there are 4 of them in total to choose from and sometimes are referred to as a 'Launcher screen' ... cause that is where you launch things from , I guess

I do not see the Default and Secondary Player apps listed anywhere.
    - Frank Zappa

go to home screen, main Settings, scroll down to bottom of screen select 'See all Apps"

Scroll down list to see the 2 PLayer Programs

Buzz TV Media Player
    Buzz TV Media Player2

select each one to get the version numbers

Warrior
    go to home screen, main Settings, scroll down to bottom of screen select 'See all Apps"

Scroll down list to see the 2 PLayer Programs

Buzz TV Media Player
    Buzz TV Media Player2

select each one to get the version numbers
    Those are not players

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast