Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    Ok so I updated the firmware manually went from
    system V2021115
    iptv version 5.0.626
    to this beta update from Buzz
    sys 20220106
    iptv 5.0.653 / there is no 5.0.725 within the patch to update that big mac has

Mac address ID assigned to server
    Live TV good
    VOD same issue/ same lock up issue when backing out of the spinning circle, error message "Buzz TV 5 isnt responding" close app
    Set VOD to use External Player VLC, that one comes back "can not play the http://31.220.40:80/movie/etc etc can not play"
    I have the same issue, and Joker is right, this has nothing to do with the versions, its a Player communication issue?
    And, I lost the setting for Stream setting now with the update.
    What stream setting did you lose?

update:

every time I try to access one particular movie, I can see the ip address of that movie lower on screen when trying the external VLC PLayer which is 31.220.40:132:80 for a second then goes to error message can not play.

then right after that in the router log a DOS attack shows up from 31.220.41.116:80

TS & M3U8 settings lost on the update

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    update:

every time I try to access one particular movie, I can see the ip address of that movie lower on screen when trying the external VLC PLayer which is 31.220.40:132:80 for a second then goes to error message can not play.

then right after that in the router log a DOS attack shows up from 31.220.41.116:80
    looks to me like your router/ISP is selectively blocking IPs
    You may need to stop that from happening.

Some ISPs will take it upon them selves to block IPs without user permissions
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Crazed 9.6 / I am in the US so Canada ISPs may have different security levels. I did verify in 2 states here the 4500 box had same issue using different ISP providers, I have not yet with the new 4900 box. I will next week try it in another state using a different ISP provider. I did try using VPN on this 4900 and VOD would not play either and my router log showed a stream of DOS Attacks immediately after pressing Play.

All this and keep in mind I have 3 other DreamLink T3s using same router, different servers, no VOD issues.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    I have tried a few Players but this is thru the BuzzTV X5 with the Buzz5 app.
    I will try the same on the 4900 asap, but results will probably be the same.

Installed and tried the MX Pro Player version:1.9.17 as External Player and it did not open the VODs.
    Installed and tried the VLC version: 3.4.4 as External Player and it did not open the VODs.

I looked for the other Players in the AppStore but did not see many other popular ones.

I also installed an IPTV app with it's onboard Player (I do not know which Player it uses thou).
    The channel list appeared and LiveTV worked, but VODs did not.

The onboard Default Player does still open and play VODs thou.
    correction on the quoted post above.
    The User Installed VLC Player does open and play the VODs. It does take up to a minute to see them open thou.

I found the BSPlayer v3.13 Build 234 and is found in the AppStore, also opens and plays the VODs as an External Player.
    And same as the ProgTV app opens and plays the VODs as well, when simply using as an External Player.
    That MX Pro Player still does not open or play the VODs thou.

Don't know what to say about your issues tvlarry, seems strange you are getting same issue with multiple devices (buzz devices) and at multiple locations with multiple ISPs and seems That DOS attack message is something only you are seeing, no one else is seeing this. The BuzzTV devices (all of them) are connecting to VODs fine, there is a lag in connection time with each selection, but other then that it's fine.

It is not an issue with the devices firmware, seeing the issue on two different devices tells us that and with how no one else seeing the issue, nor with old or new or beta firmware included and so I can not possibly see how this is related to buzz firmware or iptv firmware or even the papiao service.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Someone from Buzz has contacted me and informed the following:

There are a ton of fixes since this version
    Including issues like yours

If you PM me your MAC, I can send you the latest update to try

Also let me know the Ticket # you have
    So I can check on that ticket status

this was very nice to hear from a Buzz tech team member to help me, lets see what happens Crazed

Someone from Buzz has contacted me and informed the following:

There are a ton of fixes since this version
    Including issues like yours

If you PM me your MAC, I can send you the latest update to try

Also let me know the Ticket # you have
    So I can check on that ticket status

this was very nice to hear from a Buzz tech team member to help me, lets see what happens Crazed
    cool ....
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-15-2022 at 03:18 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    You were told to pm him before he posted that message

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast