Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Run Kokaleka thru Linux or Windows PC

I have seen that some people want to run the Kokaleka app thru their Windows laptop or a Linux PC
    First thing we need to know is that the Kokaleka app is made for an Android application. Neither the Window or Linux will run Android applications, so we need to trick your PC or Laptop into thinking it's an android and the Bluestacks Emulator will do just that

If you are running Windows then you will need to install Bluestacks and then install the Kokaleka app onto the Bluestacks.
    If you are running a Linux PC we would first need to trick the Linux to think it's a Windows PC and to do that we would need a Windows VM (Virtual Machine), and then we install the Bluestacks onto that VM and then the Kokaleka onto the Bluestacks.

Kokaleka gets installed onto Bluestacks in a similar fashion as you would side-load an apk/app onto your ANdroid STB (like a Buzztv STB for example)

The installation guide linked below will help you thru the process
    Code:
    https://www.heatware.net/linux-tips/bluestacks-linux-android-installation/
    I have used a Virtual Machine some time ago when I was running an android application (an emulator) thru a Laptop and onto a Conaxsat STB.
    It worked well with a bit of effort
    I also to this day run Bluestacks on my laptop so I can have the working Kokaleka app where ever I go, if I want
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-13-2023 at 03:01 PM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam...
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    I have seen that some people want to run the Kokaleka app thru their Windows laptop or a Linux PC
    First thing we need to know is that the Kokaleka app is made for an Android application. Neither the Window or Linux will run Android applications, so we need to trick your PC or Laptop into thinking it's an android and the Bluestacks Emulator will do just that

If you are running Windows then you will need to install Bluestacks and then install the Kokaleka app onto the Bluestacks.
    If you are running a Linux PC we would first need to trick the Linux to think it's a Windows PC and to do that we would need a Windows VM (Virtual Machine), and then we install the Bluestacks onto that VM and then the Kokaleka onto the Bluestacks.
    Kokaleka gets installed onto Bluestacks in a similar fashion as you would side-load an apk/app onto your ANdroid STB (like a Buzztv STB for example)

The installation guide linked below will help you thru the process
    Code:
    https://www.heatware.net/linux-tips/bluestacks-linux-android-installation/
    I have used a Virtual Machine some time ago when I was running an android application (an emulator) thru a Laptop and onto a Conaxsat STB.
    It worked well with a bit of effort
    I also to this day run Bluestacks on my laptop so I can have the working Kokaleka app where ever I go, if I want
    Hey Crazed,

Not necessarily, I run Kokaleka on my Ubuntu without VM or Wine. There's few good emulators free and paid for Linux, most distros should have some kind of Android emulator.
    I forgot which emulator I use (it's been a while since I installed it) I can check when I get back home from work.

And I must say, it works pretty darn well in the emulator, that's what I use when I'm stuck in my dungeon (basements) doing some tinkering etc. I'll get back to this as soon as I get back from work.

aCiD
    Catch me smoking weed where the Wild things are.

cool beans
    Looking forward to it

1sikguy has been trying to find a way to run his iptv thru his linux PC. He had the iptvxtra app running thru kodi but that no longer works and many of them iptv apps don't have the working options like the iptvxtra did, such as VOD categories or even the new VOD 4k additions..
    So I suggested Kokaleka app

thnx yet again aCiD
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-13-2023 at 03:25 PM.
    - Ren

haaa, I moved the post into the current thread talking about iptv and linux compatible apps
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...-Shield-No-VOD

It's in the Shield sub-forum and that prolly isn't correct forum either, maybe into the apps sub-forum.
    It will do for now thou
    - Ren