Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recording

Operations Ninja

recording

I am trying to record a vod movie and when I press the record button I don't get any indication that it is recording. I have the one that came with the hard drive installed. Is there a setup that I have to do?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capthook View Post
    I am trying to record a vod movie and when I press the record button I don't get any indication that it is recording. I have the one that came with the hard drive installed. Is there a setup that I have to do?
    when viewing LiveTV or Vod, press the menu button and then in side bar menu scroll down to Settings > Configuration > then scroll down to One Button Recording and turn that on.

See if that fixes it.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Operations Ninja
    It was turned on. Is there some indication that shows it is recording?

With the One Button turned off and after pressing the Red record RCU button, then a PVR recording menu will appear, yes.

With the One Button turned on and after pressing the Red record RCU button, then it should start recording automatically with a small message at bottom of screen saying something about Task initiated (or something) and I think a red indication light may appear onscreen.
    I kind of forget how it all worked thou and my 4900 is currently unavailable to me.

If there is something wrong wit the drive or the capacity has been reached then the One Button recording won't work, it will just bump you out of the current screen and take you to Home screen.

Try inserting another drive. Or turn device off and unplug and replug in that drive you have now.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

when its recording you should have small red icon on top right corner saying Rec and also, if you press info button you should see rec button highlighted or lid up on right side next to CC option.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Warrior
    is storage formatted and assigned?

Operations Ninja
    It came with the hard drive installed. Was there something I was supposed to do to it?

depending on what Home screen you are using, find the Settings option and then find the storage option.
    Open that and you should see the hard drive listed there. There is also a function to erase and format the drive to function correctly with the buzz box.

If the drive is not shown there then disconnect it and reconnect it for results.
    - Frank Zappa

Operations Ninja
    The drive is now showing but I can only record in live not vod?

I thought I saw a Buzz tech recently mention that recording does not work on vODs only on LiveTV... as the recording app does not carry over to other platform.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast