Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The audio works, it's a decoder issue with the player you're using. I don't know what player you're using, but in mine i went into the settings and went into playback. I switched the audio decoder from Hardware to software decoder. That fixed it.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Lots of members have been reporting the lose of audio on many channels.
    This is something to do with the channels themselves and not the papiao service.

R2D2 from the opening post on this Sticky thread has shown us that indeed the channels do have audio but your device will need the ability to adjust that setting.
    Many devices will not have this ability.

If your device has the ability to install and use an external Player, that may help too.
    Or perhaps download a copy of the m3u file and open it with the VLC player (on laptop or thru your device) and I bet you will have audio restored on them channels.
    Try the m3u URL method too, but then you'd need the device to be able to switch Players for you.

So anyway, this is where we currently stand with those troublesome channels.

I saw R2D2's post in the forums the other day and copied and stuck it here for us.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Crazed... any advice to fix players on KODI ??

Junoir Member
    Certain channel like hbomax has no audio whatsoever in vlc windows. Has been a problem no matter what player I use.

yea, I am not sure, but seems like you'd want to look in Playback settings for the decoder option, if your device or application has it.
    I am not able to test any of this for us because my home internet has been interrupted and will not be working for a bit longer yet.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I use an m3u playlist with tivimate. The fix is by changing the preferred audio decoder located in settings, playback, audio decoder. Change it from Hardware decoder to software decoder. This fixed the movie channels and Disney Jr.

Any advice for KODI users ??

Crazed .. I just pulled down a new M3U list thru VLC. The channels STILL have no audio for me.
    When I look at the audio in KODI for these channels, it says NO AUDIO STREAM, where active channels show ACC streams
    Last edited by 1sikguy; 12-20-2021 at 05:30 PM.

I managed to test things with the VLC Player and seems that you can not change the audio decoder as needed.
    While VLC is playing a channel (with no audio), open the Tools tab and then down to the Preferences and then down to the Show Settings ALL option and the next menu will show a list with the Audio category, but skip that and look further down in the Input/codecs category is the Audio Codecs option. Double click that to bring a drop down menu.
    But I do not see how the decoder can be changed as R2D2 outlines. Seems VLC can't do that change.
    The drop down menu does have other audio preferences but none seem to help. Click on one of them preferences and a menu will appear on the right side. Hover over the title and a description context box will appear. Here you can read on what the option does.

There are other sub categories you could explore in the audio codec tab, like Demuxers, Filters... maybe something in there can be useful.

I'd say to try m3u playlist with tivimate, as R2D2 has shown it does work thru there.

Just a FYI to add, .. VLC does allow using the m3u playlist URL as well as the hardcopy.
    Open the Media tab.
    Media > Network Steaming > add the URL
    - Frank Zappa

Crazed.. VLC offered no solution from your writeup.
    I think this is a channel issue from the server. Good channels show ACC audio streams. The problem channels show NO audio stream. Fixing players is a waste of time if there
    is no incoming audio stream. And finally, only a few channels are affected, if it was a CODEC error, why aren't all the channels affected ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast