This film is based on a true story.

Everything you are about to see is true.
Except all the parts that Jonathan made up.

Director: Lin-Manuel Miranda
Writers: Steven Levenson, Jonathan Larson (based on the musical by)
Stars: Andrew Garfield, Alexandra Shipp, Robin de Jesus

Jonathan Larson was born on February 4, 1960, in White Plains, New York.
He died at the age of 35 on January 25, 1996.

"Lately, I've been hearing this sound. Everywhere I go, like a tick, tick, tick... The fuse has been lite"
Jonathan Larson.

Based on the play by Jonathan Larson, "Tick, Tick... Boom!" is a musical exploration of the playwright's life, career, and untimely death.
This film is a musical about a man trying to write a musical and really is why that the musical numbers are critical to the film's success.
The film cuts back and forth between Jonathan performing the musical numbers on stage and him experiencing the events that led him to write the songs, leading to some dynamic and memorable musical numbers.

Jonathan Larson originally conceived "Tick, Tick... Boom!" as a one-man show.
In 2001, it was revised and revamped by playwright David Auburn as a three-actor piece.
This film directed by Lin Manuel Miranda, expands the cast even further.

Lin Manuel Miranda's directorial debut.

Miranda was convinced that Garfield was right for this part after seeing Garfield's Tony-winning performance in the 2018 Broadway revival of Angels in America.

Miranda asked a mutual friend, Gregg Miele, if Garfield could sing.
Miele replied that Andrew had "the voice of an angel."
Afterwards, Miele called Garfield and asked if he could sing

This will be Garfield's singing debut.
Andrew Garfield learned how to sing for the film, dedicating a year to training his voice.

-end c/p

Jonathan Larson died of aortic aneurysm—a tear inside the aorta, the main artery that carries blood from the heart to all other organs.
He reportedly had very bad chest pains at random times before his death, but when he was rushed to a Hospital on two different occasions, he was misdiagnosed both times and sent home. If indeed Larson had been treated correctly, he would have had a very good chance to be still alive today.
This lead to legal lawsuits.

Jonathan Larson also wrote and directed a play titled "Rent" which was not publicly seen until after his death.
It was scheduled to be seen on Broadway just the day after Larson died, but that was cancelled and instead the leading song from the play was sung at Jonathan Larson's funeral, as respect to Jonathan and to the family.

"Rent" later won awards after it's debut.

My vote for tick, tick, boom is a good 4 thumbs up out of 5

I would give it a 4 and possibly a 5 is can be mainly because I like 'based on true story' type films. but...
This film, Jonathan's story, becomes so very more powerful the more you watch (great work on that to Lin-Manuel Miranda).
And I do like Garfield's work, and to see him take this on and do it so well.

Them points are enough to rank this high and perhaps very high

Code:
https://www.imdb.com/video/vi3072442393/?ref_=tt_vi_i_2