bluerigger cat 6
    have tried using nord vpn with no difference that I noticed

running iptv66 at the moment

still feel there must be something else to try

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    What about clearing cache ?

Below is an expatiation as to what that buffer setting actually does

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ghlight=buffer

what that buffer setting does may not be what you think.

When the stream is interrupted for what ever reason, the box goes into buffer mode, which means that it will pre-load the up-coming content or try to (it creates a 'buffer' zone).
    If the buffer is set at 10 then it will preload 10 seconds of content before it tries to access the stream again. If it is set at 2 then it preloads 2 seconds of content before it tries accessing the stream again.
    That is just a generic explanation of how that works. But as you can see, setting at a higher value will then tell the box to automatically per-load for that higher time before the program resumes... setting it lower would help with less buffer time, if the interruption is only a temporary thing.
    However if the interruptions are constant then setting that buffer value would not really help with it being a higher or lower value....
    Only reason to have that value set high is if you have super slow internet speeds and want more content preloaded before viewing than you would get more time with uninterrupted viewing once it starts again and till the interruption may occur again.
    Setting it at lower value with normal to high speed download speeds, would help with less buffer time and still get uninterrupted TV viewing because the content is loading faster then it is being viewed.
    Think of it this way... if an interruption happened but only lasted 2 seconds, but you have your setting at 10 seconds, then your box will still buffer till that full 10 seconds are pre-loaded, even thou the stream would be okay before the time it takes to load them 10 seconds. So a lower setting is the way to go with a correctly working server and or ISP (and of course ISP traffic is also a part of this)
    As I say, if the stream or ISP is faulty then none of this matters.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 11-18-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I saw mootz fix his buffer issue awhile ago, so I looked and found the post....

Quote Originally Posted by mootz View Post
    Hi everyone, I wanted to give an update to my freezing and sound issue's

I have comcast and I use there router, so I've been looking for a VPN router for about 1 year to add on to my existing network.

i have come across a GL.iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl) VPN Secure Travel Gigabit Wireless Router that has VPN built into it, i get nothing for telling you this info.

since i have hooked it up I get no freezing, tv works perfect just like it should. If I do get a freeze all I do is change channel and come back and its fixed.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted

vpn

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    I saw mootz fix his buffer issue awhile ago, so I looked and found the post....

hmm a vpn built in, i assume you still have to pay a sub for one of those vpn?

interesting read crazed and thanks

Yeah usually ISPs router with a sucks and creates too many problems. Try your own router and you will be fine.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

Wow, they gots a Special Black Friday Deal(s) going on :

Code:
    https://store.gl-inet.com/products/beryl-gl-mt1300?_pos=2&_sid=13a11320b&_ss=r
    4me doesn't get anything for this Post Either... they Accept Major CC and even PayPal... Choose Wisely...!!!
    WWJD...!!!

Rocket Recovery Technician
    It may be the distance you are from the providers node, Some providers use too few nodes and load them heavily, they also run the hookups too far and you get losses in a high bit transfer. If you connect to a VPN you should set it up to connect to the fastest connection and use a P2P if it is available. There are so many things that can affect speed on any network. I always shut mine down and let it reset, I run a lot of old movie PD movie downloads so I am running high rates all the time a repop B?W is always over a G.

yes you have to pay for vpn service. vpn built in meaning it has functions to setup vpn service in it.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

look go ebay and get vpn for 5 bucks i didnt say that was told that now get your own router too that will for most part fix all i had to get new router because the one they gave me gave me circle of death i call it then i called the company they said that that router was cheap one to get better one so i did and for most part no problems at all i run fios hope that helps you i run frontier
    Last edited by Marley; 11-20-2021 at 12:41 AM.