Junoir Member

New T3 Possible DOA

Received a new T3 today which was a replacement for an older model. I think it may be DOA. I plugged it in and the light was flashing green/red and then went solid green. I tried on two different TVs with different HDMI cables and signal not detected. I believe there is no output from the HDMI on the T3.
    I do have a T1,T1 plus, T2 and a T3 and have never experienced something like this before. Typically it come right on and follow the set up instructions.

Any suggestion or experience in correcting?

Thanks

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    certainly sounds like a hdmi/power issue, yea.
    So how to interupt the power to perhaps kick into gear?
    Maybe insert a USB device and then power up the T3.. if no change unplug the USB while power is still on and reinsert it.
    Do same with HDMI if no changes.
    If still no change then you could try a Manual reset.

But one question. Do you still have the correct power supply being used on tat T3 ?
    The T3 uses the 12V adapter as apposed to other Dreamlink models, which use the 5v adapter.

Manual Factory reset

-Please take a memo of your important data or do backup using backup and restore tool before the factory reset
    -Remove power from the device
    -While repeatedly pressing the RED colored button on the remote, insert power into the device at same time.
    -Keep pressing the button repeatedly, butdon't hold it down.
    -The LED on the front of the device will flash quickly alternating from greet to red. Stop pressing the RED button
    -While the status LED is flashing red and green, press 1 on the remote
    -The device will initiate the factory reset procedure
    -Do not remove power to the device.
    -Wait until the reset procedure is completed
    -The reset procedure is complete when you see the Setup Assistant on the TV screen
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 11-17-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    4me went looking for a Re-Boot Sticky and didn't find one...?!?
    WWJD...!!!

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the quick reply and the suggestions but no luck. Yes the correct power supply used. Just seems that there is no video output.
    i have reached out to the seller for warranty claim

Thanks again.