Thread: Finch (2021)

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Finch (2021)

On a post-apocalyptic earth, a robot built to protect the life of a beloved dog, learns what it means to be human.

Director: Miguel Sapochnik
    Writers: Craig Luck, Ivor Powell

Tom Hanks as Finch
    Seamus the dog, as Goodyear.

There are some other actors in this but mostly they come in Finch's flashback memories.

There is a Dog named Goodyear, whom may get the 'best actor award' for his part

The Dog is in fact the reason for the story.

It's set in post apocalyptic Earth.
    Solar Flares are bombarding the Earth's atmosphere and frying everything alive caught with no protection.

Finch has been on his own for 15 years surviving as best as he can.
    Only problem is that he is dying and needs his dog taken care of.... because Goodyear does not know any better then to wander out into the daylight sun and of course be fried alive.
    Finch loves his dog and being a robotics engineer in his last live he builds a robot to take care of his dog after he has passed on.

The robot (Jeff) can be compared to Johnny5 in his actions and antics.
    Reminds a lot of Castaway and I am Legend and Johhny5 all wrapped up into one.

I have been kinda humdrum with my attitude about some of my previously favorite actors these days, and Hanks is one of them

But...

It is funny at times, kinda. The storm effects are great. The emotion at the end was expected but it does get to yea right in that certain spot.
    Without Hanks thou, this movie prolly would have been a flop.

If you like Tom Hank's work, you will probably like this movie.

I give it 3 thumbs outta 5
    I would have gave it only 2 thumbs, but that last violence filled Western flic which I did a recent review on, got 2 thumbs up and Finch is better then that one

This is an AppleTV release.

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 11-12-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

i'll agree with u on the two stars , lol @ johhn5 it's alive ;x

the movie doesn't explain anything about what's going on in the beginning , i got bored and went to bed LoL ;x
    knowledge is power , power corrupts all .

two star is way to much for pain of watching it