Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've forgotten more than I ever knew

Bought a bunch of rocket donations for units in my family. I've got some of them assigned, and listed as active on the donations page. I've entered the donation number (portal nickname) and the appropriate url...same one I always use. Went to rocket checker, and set for United States. When I try to connect, it goes up to a ten percent level then kicks out with an error message. There is something I am forgetting...perhaps being 71 years old has something to do with that...I've been doing this stuff for 35 years, dating back to the old GI/Macom ten foot satellite dishes...so some of you young smart guys help me see what I'm forgetting. I'm not assigning a mac address, but tried that just in case...no change.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    What is that Msg You bee getting...?!?
    WWJD...!!!

Code 7. on one receiver it says account blocked, and on another receiver it says possible problem with url, etc.

WWJD...!!!

thanks. I've done these steps. I've logged on to youtube just to make sure my wifi is talking to me. I've reset and reinserted data so much that the captcha is giving me fits logging back on. Seems like in years past, I had to enter both the mac addy and the stb ID: but the ID shows up on the portal edit screen. I typed in the long version of the portal url too.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    When the receiver goes up to 10% and then stops and kicks out with an error message, that is a sure sign that something does not match between what you have entered into the receiver and what the service has assigned.

Entering the same URL as you always have used might be the problem. New orders/donations will not always have the same URL
    At the service website, log on to the donation codes that are not working and check each URL assigned.
    They must match what is entered into the receiver's setup menus.

Why are you adding a MAC to the donation code with some receivers and not with others ?
    What is the MAC's first 6 digits? Don't tell me the last 6, just the first 6.

What type/model are these receivers ?

After you set the Country Lock to USA, do you then follow that wth an IPTV Reset ?
    The reset function is also found there at the website.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

That was Back in June...!
    WWJD...!!!

I'm using the url that comes with the donation, which is the same as last year's, and appears on the check rocket page. I had one donation that for some reason I had added the mac last year...so I tried it both ways, and did reset following each attempt. THey are all T3's.
    First six digits are 00:1E:B8. It's gotta be some simple little thing I've overlooked.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcarnut View Post
    I'm using the url that comes with the donation, which is the same as last year's, and appears on the check rocket page. I had one donation that for some reason I had added the mac last year...so I tried it both ways, and did reset following each attempt. THey are all T3's.
    First six digits are 00:1E:B8. It's gotta be some simple little thing I've overlooked.
    change those first 6 digits to
    00:1a:79:
    and then add the last 6 digits that the T3s have.

Them first 6 are generic for a connection to a papiao service, while the last 6 are your individual T3 Identifiers.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast