Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chief Ninja

MAC address question

Hi,

Is the MAC address matched / married to a specific box or can you use the same MAC on a different box ---both boxes are Buzz, I want to try to travel with one box and leave the other at the farm. Turned off of course so only one will be active at a time.

Thank you.

Only boxes with Buzztv 2 can change mac addy.

Warrior
    greetings to all
    So that you don't complicate yourself if that buzz has a 3 party apk to overcome portal and mac yes you can do it but keeping in mind that the 2 cannot be on at the same time

Chief Ninja
    Thanks for the replies.

I am sorry but I still don't understand.
    I am talking about a Bizz 45 and 4900 box.
    Not sure what a "3 party apk to overcome portal and mac" is but it sounds like I need to know and it sounds interesting.

Here’s simplest answer for you. If you have only one active service and want to use on second box then no problem at all.
    Just log into your Iptv provider site with your donation information and enter the MAC address of the box that you are planning to take it with you.

Tips. Make sure url is correct on the box the one one you want to take it with you.
    Just turn off your box and perform a rest on your iptv providers site before you leave your house.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Here’s simplest answer for you. If you have only one active service and want to use on second box then no problem at all.
    Just log into your Iptv provider site with your donation information and enter the MAC address of the box that you are planning to take it with you.

Tips. Make sure url is correct on the box the one one you want to take it with you.
    Just turn off your box and perform a rest on your iptv providers site before you leave your house.
    Thanks I do understand that, that's what I was thinking.

Chief Ninja
    oops another question, do I have to change the MAC address on the donation site?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    oops another question, do I have to change the MAC address on the donation site?
    The MAC that belongs to the box that is in use needs to be attached at the website, yes.
    So you'd need to change the MAC at the website each time you connect either box.

But try this.
    Log onto your code and add the 4900's MAC there and do a reset.
    Now turn that 4900 on and check to ensure that it is working. turn it off again after you have checked that.
    Leave the 4900's MAC attached to your code as you have it.

Turn on the 4500 and go into the server menu open the XC API Login portal and add your username/password (which is your 12 or 13 digit donation number).
    Add that same number into both lines (user and password).
    Add the server Portal URL as well.
    Then use the Connect option there in that same menu.

I do not know if it will connect with your code attached to the 4900's MAC , but try this.

It will in fact connect without a MAC attached ... but try it with the other box's MAC attached to check if the 4500 indeed it will connect like this.
    If not then remove the MAC from your donation code and try that API connection again.

The only problem with the API connection is that you can not view the VODs or the TV Series when using this XC API Portal connection. But you do not need a MAC attached or if your test goes well you may be able to have a MAC attached regardless even if not needed.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    The MAC that belongs to the box that is in use needs to be attached at the website, yes.
    So you'd need to change the MAC at the website each time you connect either box.

But try this.
    Log onto your code and add the 4900's MAC there and do a reset.
    Now turn that 4900 on and check to ensure that it is working. turn it off again after you have checked that.
    Leave the 4900's MAC attached to your code as you have it.

Turn on the 4500 and go into the server menu open the XC API Login portal and add your username/password (which is your 12 or 13 digit donation number).
    Add that same number into both lines (user and password).
    Add the server Portal URL as well.
    Then use the Connect option there in that same menu.

I do not know if it will connect with your code attached to the 4900's MAC , but try this.

It will in fact connect without a MAC attached ... but try it with the other box's MAC attached to check if the 4500 indeed it will connect like this.
    If not then remove the MAC from your donation code and try that API connection again.

The only problem with the API connection is that you can not view the VODs or the TV Series when using this XC API Portal connection. But you do not need a MAC attached or if your test goes well you may be able to have a MAC attached regardless even if not needed.
    Thank you very much, appreciate it.

Chief Ninja
    Thanks ... got it done!!!!! I thank you much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast