Director: William Eubank
    Writers: Carlyle Eubank, William Eubank & David Frigerio

Genre: Sci-Fi Thriller
    Runtime: 1 hrs. 35 min.

Brenton Thwaites as Nic
    Olivia Cooke as Haley
    Beau Knapp as Jonah
    Laurence Fishburne as Damon

Brenton Thwates is a young actor and he's got talent. He reminds me of Ethan Hawk.
    Beau Knapp plays the part of Nic's bes friend.
    Olivia Cook is fantastic in her role. She plays the girlfriend of Nic.
    All 3 are in for the 'holy chit, what just happened' experience of their lives.

I saw this one awhile ago on VOD. It's worth revisiting. if anything for the fact that i think this young actor Thwates is going places

The Signal

The story begins as the Nic and Jonah are obviously in the world of computers and prolly into much the hacking end of things. Possibly in the gaming world of it all, but we never really get to know.
    What we do know is that there is a person on the web that has been aggravating them, goes by the nic Nomad
    Nomad likes messing with our two heroes. One night while in a motel room, Nomad sends them a message. Our two heroes are not gonna take his taunts.
    They message Nomad back and tell him that they will take him down, they know who he is. Well the next message Nomad sends them is a video of our heroes in their motel room and in real time.
    LOL, damn smart TVs

Anyway that gives Nic and Jolan an incentive to get this guy, so they track his cell or IP or something...
    they track 'The Signal'

The outcome is unexpected, which Fishbourne's character has a lot to do with.
    Laurence Fishburne is ummm..... well he is Laurence Fishburne

It's got a side story too which played thru Nic's memories, which kinda confuses things. But I guess that adds to the confusion that our 3 characters end up in anyway

The movie is a SCi-FI thriller and lives up to that and it's Low Budget .... but overall, I did enjoy it.

The film premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival and was released theatrically in the United States on June 13, 2014.
    The film is among an increasing number of low-budget independent science fiction films to be included at the Sundance Film Festival in recent years.

2 & 1/2 thumbs up outta 5
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-07-2021 at 12:50 PM.