Thread: The Squeeze

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

The Squeeze

A notorious gambler recruits a young golf pro for high-stakes matches in the movie ‘The Squeeze'.
    The stakes grow higher and higher until the game becomes life or death.

Director: Terry Jastrow
    Writers: Terry Jastrow, Terry Jastrow
    -Terry Jastrow credentials: 24 years as a producer/director for ABC Sports, 12 years as president of Jack Nicklaus Productions, and a long history of producing golf instructional programs for some of the biggest names in the game.

Genre: Drama , Sports & Fitness , Comedy
    Release Date: 17 April 2015 (USA)
    Runtime: 95 min
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35 : 1
    Filming for the home-town portions of the movie was done in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Jeremy Sumpter as Augie
    Katherine LaNasa as Jessie
    Jason Dohring as Aaron Bolt
    Christopher McDonald as Reeves "Riverboat" Boatwright
    Jillian Murray as Natalie

Reaction from such notable golf figures as Phil Mickelson, Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus have been favourable, (Terry Jastrow is president of Jack Nicklaus Productions).
    Every effort was made to ensure that the actors who portray the golfers in the film, could actually play the game at a level which would render their performances believable, and much early praise has been heaped on the movie for the supposed accuracy of its golf sequences.

The Squeeze

Billed as "the next great golf movie", didn't quite make that billing... But I am a golf fan, so the movie appealed to me and I did enjoy it. Although I don't think I would have so much if I were not a golf fan
    The golf sequences are done well. Took lots of care in getting it right and it worked ---- Refer to writer/director credentials from above.
    Christopher McDonald plays the 'notorious gambler', whom some may remember as 'Shooter McGavin' from Happy Gilmore.
    This movie would never win any awards, it kinda falls short in many areas, but is worth watching if golf is your game.

2 thumbs up outta 5
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-07-2021 at 01:50 PM.

I tend to agree...I did watch the whole movie without turning it off and I used to be a golfer..lol. I will say this, one of the best of the new batch of VOD, IMO, thks

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-07-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence