Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

The Guilty (2021)

Shot in just 11 days during October 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Director: Antoine Fuqua
    Writers: Nic Pizzolatto, Gustav Möller, Emil Nygaard Albertsen
    Stars: Jake Gyllenhaal, Riley Keough (voice), Peter Sarsgaard (voice), Ethan Hawk (voice).

The film takes place over the course of a single morning in a 911 dispatch call center.
    Call operator Joe Baylor (Gyllenhaal) tries to save a caller in grave danger.
    -end c/p

Jake Gyllenhaal in my view (and I have a very low opinion of some actors these days), my viewed opinion of Jake, is very high. I like his talent.
    He is one of them actors that you may not see till it is needed for to be seen. That's how good he is.. in my opinion.
    This movie has him as the lead and basically only character we get to see in the entire movie. We hear others, as it is about a 911 dispatcher, but the show is Jake's. Sometimes a little overboard in this flic, but generally we get to see Jake as we always see him.... one of them actors that can be unseen but yet so powerful.

And also Elvis Presley's eldest grand-daughter is in this too (Riley Keough), as a voice only thou. She has had other roles in other movies we may have seen, I seen them all

I give this flic an overall thumbs up.
    There prolly are many that will disagree and see this as just another 911 suspense drama... BUT due to my admiration for Jake's work, I liked this movie simply because Jake knows how to get the work done. ... and Elvis' work too, can't forget about that

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-09-2021 at 01:01 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Rocket Recovery Technician
    EP was da man!!! As for Jake I liked October Sky and I can watch Source Code anytime I sit down to a TV and it is on both good stories and well played theatre.
    Ima gonna check thisn out too!! Thanx for the heads up

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-09-2021 at 01:02 AM.

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Just finished watching The movie, Man it is a good one. Lotsa things going on. Takes a really good actor to carry a movie all by themselves. The peripheral characters are mostly inconsequential in the theme, It is mostly three people Mom, daughter and Joe!! Good pick Crazed. Put it on the watch some more times list.

Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    Just finished watching The movie, Man it is a good one. Lotsa things going on. Takes a really good actor to carry a movie all by themselves. The peripheral characters are mostly inconsequential in the theme, It is mostly three people Mom, daughter and Joe!! Good pick Crazed. Put it on the watch some more times list.
    yes sir, that Jake Gyllenhaal can get the job done
    Some of his movies are similar to this in the sense at how Jake carries the whole script.
    That one where he was in a capsule of some sort and had contact with outside world thru a video and plus thru some crazy scifi transporting type stuff.
    I forget the name of it just now, but Jake pretty much carried that one too.

Can't say enough about Jake's talent.

lol... I will have to get that 'Watch Some More Times' category list started.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    yes sir, that Jake Gyllenhaal can get the job done
    Some of his movies are similar to this in the sense at how Jake carries the whole script.
    That one where he was in a capsule of some sort and had contact with outside world thru a video and plus thru some crazy scifi transporting type stuff.
    I forget the name of it just now, but Jake pretty much carried that one too.

Can't say enough about Jake's talent.

lol... I will have to get that 'Watch Some More Times' category list started.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    EP was da man!!! As for Jake I liked October Sky and I can watch Source Code anytime I sit down to a TV and it is on both good stories and well played theatre.
    Ima gonna check thisn out too!! Thanx for the heads up.
    In Bold and Underlined...?!?
    WWJD...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    In Bold and Underlined...?!?
    lol.... yea okay I missed that.
    I did read it some days ago but forgot it was mentioned.

Seems we agreed that it is a good flic
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Was and IS...!!!
    WWJD...!!!