Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

m3u8 file videos say missing on mag 254

I cannot get any of the channels such as newsmax that use m3u8 files to play. What is going on or what do I need to change to get it back working.

try downloading new fresh list and try again.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Junoir Member
    i tried that, it didn't work. Anyone else having this same problem

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Your last thread showed that the channel was working, we did not know you were using the mag254 device thou.
    The channel is still working now on both buzzTV and T3 devices.
    Must be that mag device is the issue with this.

Have you tried connecting with the device's MAC method, instead of the Playlist method ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

connected the mag254 and with MAC attached, that channel is working.

I need more time to check the Playlist m3u thru the Mag254 thou ... I gotta leave the building for awhile.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    greetings to all
    as crazed 9.6 said in mag using the portal works very well.
    For list if you need to use only the m3u8 list make sure you are using exoplayer as the default player, since I looked at the list and that ch is in (hls) and the ijk player doesn't adapt to the link format

P.S only as a recommendation in the future and when you can $$ you should make an update to your streaming system since the mag254 is a bit obsolete with the changes in the format of links that are coming out every day
    Last edited by suport; 10-06-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suport View Post
    greetings to all
    as crazed 9.6 said in mag using the portal works very well.
    For list if you need to use only the m3u8 list make sure you are using exoplayer as the default player, since I looked at the list and that ch is in (hls) and the ijk player doesn't adapt to the link format

P.S only as a recommendation in the future and when you can $$ you should make an update to your streaming system since the mag254 is a bit obsolete with the changes in the format of links that are coming out every day
    The mag device is not an Android box/device.
    It is a Linux box, the user does not have the option to load other Players.
    It is uniquely obsolete
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    true I confused it with the emulator jajajaj

Junoir Member
    Nice information guys, so im pretty much out of luck with this box with m3u8 streaming I take it. What box do you recommend that is a lot like the mag254. The mag254 is easy to use, pretty much took care of itself.

To be honest, as of now the best box that we support here on site for using m3u or m3u8 streaming or m3u Playlist URLs is probably the Dreamlink T3
    I hate to count out the BuzzTV devices but they do not do as well when it comes to m3u playback functionalities.
    That Dreamlink T3 does everything well when it comes to m3u or m3u8 playback and has features that no other box has when it comes to m3u Playlist playback functionality and their server access multiple methods (except the Formuler Z8, as they are the same box as the T3 but with different names).

Check the T3 Sticky threads.

You would not go terribly wrong with a BuzzTV purchase either concering m3u functions, but you'd have to get the right model.
    They do okay with m3u Playback function but there are differences and not all BuzzTV models/devices are trouble free when it comes directly involved with m3u Playlist or Playlist URL function.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-07-2021 at 12:18 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast