Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mag vs Avov

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLDN View Post
    I can't compare as MAG is the only solution out of the 2 I have access to here in Europe for a reasonable price. Im not saying Avov is expensive but at it's price if you go thru customs that adds an aditional 50-60 Euro/USd in customs.

I would love to try both options but MAG is so easy to get hold of, that could be a reason as to why there are so many. Maybe a better distribution for EU or other countries would help. Success is not always quality, but a balance between price/quality/availability.

I do find this debate interesting, and ofcourse you can compare 2 diferent products as they are diferent. I find it less logical comparing to MAG 254s. This type of debate is good if you are thinking of one or the other there might be some specifics that might push you either way.

PLS let me know when available from EU locally.
    In Europe you have a much better box.
    Code:
    http://www.ugoosshop.com/en/

TV Addicted
    This thread, although useful, is like in the early days of FTA. The two leading receivers were head to head in a "I have a better receiver". Two thing evolved through this. One was they both benefited by the comparisons, they strived to out do the other, therefore made two excellent receivers. Two, this caught the eye of the satellite providers and they both payed the price in the end by being abandoned by the designers for "health" reasons, if you know what I mean. I have both units plus a third and I like my third the vixo 2. I also noticed that the Mag 254 has added some apps but far from enough or the correct ones to excel, looking for more apps.

TV Addicted
    i dont have time to read the previous threads but this is my situation... i have the mag 254 and the Avov tv online and the Avov vixo2 ... and i just put it in order from least to greatest.. in fact if yal was to have the Avov vixo 2 u will throw the mag in the trash.. its not even close .. i actually had bought like 3 or 4 mag 254s .. the Avov tv online is better than the mag.. more stuff to watch.. and the vixo2 have so much stuff to watch that it is unbelievable.. it will take u about 30 min to find something to watch on the vixo 2 just because ur gonna keep searching through movies and shows.. vixo 2 is the best thing ever and im comparing it to iks also.. i had a coolsat 6000 and still have the dreamlink t5.. vixo 2 is the leading the pack

In this game there are two different teams , one composed of ordinary viewers who just want to watch a free ( cheap ) TV and the other is composed of people for whom it is a hobby and want to look a little deeper into the process . You are definitely not from the second team .

TV Addicted
    i agree .. im trying to get cheap tv.. thats the main purpose ,.. but i also have all of those boxes so i should know which is the better choice .. especially when i can view each of them anytime i get ready..

all i use is my avov vixo 2 been saying that from day one

This is actually Android with emulator. Works, but is slow ( slower than MAG200), his lack some features crashes when a large number of channels and most importantly - its maximum resolution is 1280x720 (HD Ready). The shortcomings of current devices with Android and explain why now (first half of 2015) are not suitable for TV , see here: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...8307#post38307

I think you're totally wrong on that, I have all the boxes too and the Avov TV online is not better
    Then the mag 254 and also the mag is not made for xbmc so you can't compare it to the vixo 2
    But if you only need iptv mag 254 is totally a better box.

MAG has KODI also , it is installed in Inner Portal on Mag 254. That you do not have it does not mean that it is incompatible with the box , just not published for now not to spoil business of IPTV portals owner.

HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Linux
    Code:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux
    Last edited by xbmcbg; 07-04-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Junoir Member
    hi, david why on the AVOV1 Channels like AMC (131), ESPN (140) and many other channel are in slow motion while in full screen, but once I go back to the channel list with the preview screen I can watch normally. In channels with less resolution everything is normal. I placed a service ticket with AVOV support Team regarding this issue. They are aware of these issues and say there are more updates coming.
    Apparently its issues with Codec drivers. That is two months ago and never hear nothing from you guy is an updates coming or not thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast