Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mag vs Avov

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xbmcbg View Post
    Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately, you are protecting the company who is paying you, meanwhile, I am an independant user, who does not like being unintended. As you are talking about prices and freedom of source choice, compare MAG 260 and ANY of your products who are only comparable to it. You will clearly see my point. I know what i am talking about and you will too.
    I appreciate the response as well. I don't mean to start some kind of war or anything so I won't argue. I'm obviously from Avov so I have a bias towards their product, however that doesn't mean I don't respect the views of others such as yourself (hence why I made this thread). I was simply responding to you initial comment regarding this thread being pointless. I see what you are saying about having freedom and it is similar to what floder2 was saying so I have noted it down. I have browsed for a bit and there have been many comparison between the products with the TVOnline and the Mag254 having the biggest amount of discussion. I was just interested in placing those thoughts and opinions in one thread.
    Last edited by a-team; 06-18-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Thank you. You're someone to look up to. I have lots of respect toward people like you, who protect their ideas and built a real product out of them. But, I also have no intentions of starting a war.

Icefilms works for me on avov tv-online box and thats why i stayed out of it we all have are opinions good or bad as long as we keep it civil for one another
    Last edited by Marley; 06-18-2015 at 11:21 PM.

I been running the mag 254 for about 5 months still cant get my city for weather finally got time right cant recorded lots thing they need to fix and haven't yet wish they would it software they need to fix on this box and channel change and so on not to happy yet with this box now tv online box most cry about apps dont work movies are out of sync on show from movie 25 run to fast need fix that want more apps that work right each have there own problems but what i see the avov are working to get things fixed saying that still dont like sd on both boxes my tv was not made for sd said that many times now its not box fault hope to see a ufc fight in hd someday will tell you the true i run tv-online box more just because i can get movie25 or 1channel they need more apps thats why i run that box more so if avov is listening need better apps and think they want netflix fixed dont know why never use it and i'm only talking about this model not mag 260 or avov1 or 2 oh to get netflix to work get usb kb that helps a lot kids told me that they steal mine
    Last edited by Marley; 06-19-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Junoir Member
    I own a Mag 254, Hybrid + (don't see much mention of it but I believe its avov) and an AVOV VIOX 2 i prefer the VIOX2 for its versatility of kodi, tvonline, Micky Hop ,etc. Its runs smoother than the Mag. But the IPTV portion of the Mag I prefer over the TV Online. The guide is much like an on screen guide on any of the Sat providers. The TV Online version is a guide channel by channel the Mag shows 8 or 10 channels at once. Just my .02 others may think differently. The overall look of the Mag with the channel list etc. is much nicer

I have mag 254 and avovonline,and I notice a slight color clarity to the mag 254 than the avov,but it could also be the tv since both are smart but one is samsung and other is sony,there is more clarity on the mag 254 compared to avovonline,swapped the machines and is the same light crysper on mag254 compared to avovtvonline,but I use avov more cause of the program that are on avovtvonline,compared to mag,other wise both are good machines.But the edge goes to the avov on the ability to have other programs ,that come with it;The clarity issue isn't a major factor since unless you put both of them side by side it isnt notisable,which is what I did.
    Last edited by nada233; 06-19-2015 at 05:38 AM.

I can't compare as MAG is the only solution out of the 2 I have access to here in Europe for a reasonable price. Im not saying Avov is expensive but at it's price if you go thru customs that adds an aditional 50-60 Euro/USd in customs.

I would love to try both options but MAG is so easy to get hold of, that could be a reason as to why there are so many. Maybe a better distribution for EU or other countries would help. Success is not always quality, but a balance between price/quality/availability.

I do find this debate interesting, and ofcourse you can compare 2 diferent products as they are diferent. I find it less logical comparing to MAG 254s. This type of debate is good if you are thinking of one or the other there might be some specifics that might push you either way.

PLS let me know when available from EU locally.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hs1125 View Post
    I own a Mag 254, Hybrid + (don't see much mention of it but I believe its avov) and an AVOV VIOX 2 i prefer the VIOX2 for its versatility of kodi, tvonline, Micky Hop ,etc. Its runs smoother than the Mag. But the IPTV portion of the Mag I prefer over the TV Online. The guide is much like an on screen guide on any of the Sat providers. The TV Online version is a guide channel by channel the Mag shows 8 or 10 channels at once. Just my .02 others may think differently. The overall look of the Mag with the channel list etc. is much nicer
    Thanks for that. Definitively will be looking into this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    I been running the mag 254 for about 5 months still cant get my city for weather finally got time right cant recorded lots thing they need to fix and haven't yet wish they would it software they need to fix on this box and channel change and so on not to happy yet with this box now tv online box most cry about apps dont work movies are out of sync on show from movie 25 run to fast need fix that want more apps that work right each have there own problems but what i see the avov are working to get things fixed saying that still dont like sd on both boxes my tv was not made for sd said that many times now its not box fault hope to see a ufc fight in hd someday will tell you the true i run tv-online box more just because i can get movie25 or 1channel they need more apps thats why i run that box more so if avov is listening need better apps and think they want netflix fixed dont know why never use it and i'm only talking about this model not mag 260 or avov1 or 2 oh to get netflix to work get usb kb that helps a lot kids told me that they steal mine
    We've been hearing that a lot and we've listened. Stay tuned for a huge software update for the TVOnline sometime in the following week or so!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLDN View Post
    I can't compare as MAG is the only solution out of the 2 I have access to here in Europe for a reasonable price. Im not saying Avov is expensive but at it's price if you go thru customs that adds an aditional 50-60 Euro/USd in customs.

I would love to try both options but MAG is so easy to get hold of, that could be a reason as to why there are so many. Maybe a better distribution for EU or other countries would help. Success is not always quality, but a balance between price/quality/availability.

I do find this debate interesting, and ofcourse you can compare 2 diferent products as they are diferent. I find it less logical comparing to MAG 254s. This type of debate is good if you are thinking of one or the other there might be some specifics that might push you either way.

PLS let me know when available from EU locally.
    Yes we are working on that. We are actively looking for resellers in the EU region. While we are located in Toronto Canada, we have great shipping rates thoughout North America. Unfortunately we do not get enough volume over seas to get a good enough rate through our shipping provider. We are already talking with some large companies in that area so hopefully it is soon to change. You raise an excellent point though about price and I will definitely go over it with the engineer. There may be other ways to cut down costs as apposed to have local resellers which is something for us to consider.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast