Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mag vs Avov

Banned

Question Mag vs Avov

Hello everybody. I do the support for AVOV Technology as some of you may already know. I already got some wonderful feedback from users on what they think about our boxes. However, I really would like to hear more from the MAG community. Competition brews innovation. If it is a small change to the system or a brand new box, the industry progresses and the consumers have better quality content. I actively support this mentality since at the end of the day, I am a consumer as well.

I would love to hear what people think about their MAG boxes and how it compares against AVOV. MAG obviously wins by popularity and I would like to hear from some of you as to why? Is there a certain feature you find better on the MAG? Is it faster in certain things? Everybody has their own reasoning and I would love to know what yours is. I will be taking notes of what everybody says and then regularly meeting with the technical engineer of the company to discuss what I hear back from you. I can assure you we will most likely make some dramatic changes after we hear enough voice from the community. You can either directly respond into this thread or just PM if you wish. I will be actively checking back to see what people have to say. I thank anyone who takes their time to give us some feedback, it not only helps us grow as a company but also allows us to improve our product line and make more customers happy. Thanks in advance!

Hello david_avov,
    I don't see a basics on which products can be compared. MAG is build on the consept of Linux open platform with built in features to avoid unintended. On the other hand, we have a closed Android platform. Comparing these two is equal to comparing bananas and oranges...

I visit a lot of forums, but never have I seen a MAG coders showing interst in an AVOV products neither the less trying to compare their products with yours.

I think this discution is pointless. Everyone has their clientel.
    Last edited by xbmcbg; 06-18-2015 at 04:57 PM.

David..

i have a Mag254 , Avov1 and the Avov-TV-Online Box The Mag254 is very good IPTV box with Vod provided by NFPS service..not able to do kodi though.
    The Avov boxes are easier to setup and use..They are dependant on Mickyhop for Apps such as 1channel ect Some would like the freedom to side load apps of their choice since Avov is Android driven...So having to be married to Mickyhop to me is a negative..The Avov1 can use the kodi app (lite version) only if the owner is a beta tester...why not open it up for more independant use by the users

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xbmcbg View Post
    Hello david_avov,
    I don't see a basics on which products can be compared. MAG is build on the consept of Linux open platform with built in features to avoid unintended. On the other hand, we have a closed Android platform. Comparing these two is equal to comparing bananas and oranges...

I visit a lot of forums, but never have I seen a MAG coders showing interst in an AVOV products neither the less trying to compare their products with yours.

I think this discution is pointless. Everyone has their clientel.
    I see what you are saying but I don't agree with you. Both companies specialize in making IPTV solutions for the end user. While the way it goes to do it may be different (different operating system, layouts, functionality) it still offers the same kind of service at the end of the day. Much like when Microsoft and Apple started out, their design choices were and still are very different. There are many noticeable characteristics found in the products of each company and many people choose sides for that reason. Sure the way they deal with things are different but they both offer the same end goal (I'm just talking about the PC). You can definitely compare a Microsoft PC to an Apple PC! For example what interface is easier to use, who has better performance for its cost, what kind of applications are available on it... the list goes on. While you may not view the topic that way especially through the eyes of a MAG coder, many end users do. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

I, for one, would be more interested in how avov has addressed the issue of their boxes needing hard boot to update time, date. While in stand by it doesn't do this, Mag for one, does. I would also like to know when the upgraded Icefilms will be available from the MickyMart, as the old one doesn't work on avov TVonline or avov vixo1, thks...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    David..

i have a Mag254 , Avov1 and the Avov-TV-Online Box The Mag254 is very good IPTV box with Vod provided by NFPS service..not able to do kodi though.
    The Avov boxes are easier to setup and use..They are dependant on Mickyhop for Apps such as 1channel ect Some would like the freedom to side load apps of their choice since Avov is Android driven...So having to be married to Mickyhop to me is a negative..The Avov1 can use the kodi app (lite version) only if the owner is a beta tester...why not open it up for more independant use by the users
    Thanks floder2 I will be making note of that. There are some reasons as to why the boxes are closed but there is definitely ways to make users have more freedom. I will see if I can push some features I believe would be great for users such as yourself. It obviously will come with time but that is why we are asking these questions now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K00lKatT View Post
    I, for one, would be more interested in how avov has addressed the issue of their boxes needing hard boot to update time, date. While in stand by it doesn't do this, Mag for one, does. I would also like to know when the upgraded Icefilms will be available from the MickyMart, as the old one doesn't work on avov TVonline or avov vixo1, thks...
    There is a very big update for the TVOnline coming soon in which the MickyHop devs are working really hard on. I do not know if it addresses the time issue but that seems to be a problem on all consoles. I believe as soon as they get the TVOnline update out the door, they can focus their attention to some of the pressing bugs on the systems. The time update isn't a huge deal but it is something that needs to be fixed, I agree. I'll also raise the question about the Icefilms, once again that will likely need to wait after the update comes out. Thanks for letting me know though.

thank you, David, it's also my opinion that these posts and threads belong in the avov forum as we have many Mag users and I see no need to tie their forum up with avov issues, thks..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K00lKatT View Post
    thank you, David, it's also my opinion that these posts and threads belong in the avov forum as we have many Mag users and I see no need to tie their forum up with avov issues, thks..
    If you wish I suppose you can move it, I just thought it was appropriate as not all Mag users view the AVOV threads. I understand where you are coming from. I just wish to get some more feedback from MAG users, even the ones who never used our box but know of it.

Quote Originally Posted by david_avov View Post
    ...... For example what interface is easier to use, who has better performance for its cost, what kind of applications are available on it... the list goes on. While you may not view the topic that way especially through the eyes of a MAG coder, many end users do. I hope you understand where I am coming from.
    Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately, you are protecting the company who is paying you, meanwhile, I am an independant user, who does not like being unintended. As you are talking about prices and freedom of source choice, compare MAG 260 and ANY of your products who are only comparable to it. You will clearly see my point. I know what i am talking about and you will too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast