Junoir Member

Cannot view a recording. I am a beginner

Bonjour,

I have recorded shows on my Buzz 4900. When selecting "PVR Recording" on the Remote Control, I see information about the recorded shows. When I select a recorded show to watch the following message appears "Stream is not available. Please try again later".
    Questions
    Does my provider have anything to do with the fact that I am unable to view recorded shows. For example, can it deactivate a function that prevents viewing?
    Do I have to use other software like "Tivimate iptv Player" to view my recordings.
    Is this a Buzz 4900 device bug.
    Please help me understand.

Thank

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I have saw that you have accessed the buzz website and the tech there has offered assistance
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

just incase if nothing works for you
    you can go into all apps and open up vlc player and your recordings will be there as well. you can play them there
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the information. I am able to view my recorded shows using VLC. The only problem is, I don't have the title of the show. I have a letter (ex: B) followed by a series of letters and numbers. I have the length of the recording which is a clue. Can we rename a recording to make it easier for selection.

Merci

good info, thnx Ryu

@ jacgin, I have been attempting to rename the file.
    I have a recording stored in Internal Storage, and I open it with File Browser (which is a File manager type app onboard the XR4900).
    Find the file thru File Browser and can open it and play it, but can not rename it. The app does have a Rename function which is found in one of the icons near the top, but it keeps telling me No File Found.

I connected a Mouse to the XR4900 and now if I highlight the file with RCU and can then select 'Rename' with mouse with it still highlighted , but same results (No File Found).

You could transfer the file to a External storage device and then transfer to computer and rename thru computer, but careful not to remove the extension part.

I tried with Total Comander too but there does not seem to be a 'Rename' function on that Manager.

I should have asked if you recorded to Internal hard drive or external hard drive ?
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-06-2021 at 04:00 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

to rename using your remote control follow below instruction.
    go to all app and click file browser.
    then local disk
    then android
    then media
    then com.buzz.servcies.pvr (list of recordings will pop up)
    now click three bars (hamburger) top left corner located next to home button
    then go down to list and highlight the recoding that you want to rename it by clicking ok button and you will see check mark next to it on your right side
    then go to top and click third pencil icon next to hamburger and click option of rename (keyboard will popup)
    once finish rename just hit back button on remote and click ok and you good to go
    Last edited by Ryu; 08-06-2021 at 10:44 PM.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

@crazed you are very close but just missing 1 click on that hamburger icon before you select file to rename

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    @crazed you are very close but just missing 1 click on that hamburger icon before you select file to rename
    I saw your post earlier and saw the step I was missing, thnx

cool beans
    - Frank Zappa