Register

Anyone know where H2 stream comes from?

I just noticed that it doesn't match up with Sky History 2 (UK), which it used to. As I pull my own EPG can anyone enlighten me? I can't seem to find anything online that matches with what what is actually playing. It's sort of driving me a little bit nuts trying to figure out!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    hello expatter, it been while to see you

Shooty would probably know what is going on with that channel.
    He did give us some info awhile ago on why the audio is messed up on some channels, as quoted below ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shooty View Post
    Many Spanish channels, like a lot of the US English channels, are broadcast with the corresponding (English/Spanish) Second Audio Program (SAP).
    This provider, I'm assuming, takes the Video and the SAP English audio, and adds it as another channel selection in the lineup.
    Since it is derived from a Spanish channel, the EPG data disseminated from the Source, will be in Spanish.

There is no "Fix", and complaining has not worked for this, but you could consider it a free Language learning method!!!
    LOL !
    /Shooty
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    ?!?
    Code:
    https://www.tvguide.co.uk/?catcolor=&systemid=7&thistime=0&thisday=8/3/2021&gridspan=03:00&view=0&gw=1003&adj=-3
    ?!?
    WWJD...!!!

Warrior
    Guide matches sky tvs programming but you have to allow for time difference

Hey crazed, yes it has been quite a while... you know how it goes, once you get something working you don't need to hang out in the forum anymore ;-) I remember back in the testing days (way back in the beginning of NFPS going to IPTV), H2 was from the UK. I have 3 providers now and the other 2 list channels by country and when I compare H2 UK and from them and from you guys they are totally different streams. The small amount of commercials on NFPS makes me think it's from some streaming service, n'est pas?

As for the lack of audio, that only happened a day ago because I was able to watch it on Thursday and Friday. I fired up TiviMate and that has Acid's guide data and it also didn't match up.

EDIT: Just went back online to check it out and the audio is back working again. But where the guide says Ax Men should be on there was just a commercial that said "Now back to Abandoned Engineering" and there is closed caption running in what looks like some Eastern European language such as Ukranian, Polish or Russian. I used Google translate and put is some of what was on-screen and it came back as Croatian. I checked H2 in Poland with translate and that also doesn't match up with this stream...dang! I do have Poland with another sub but it doesn't have H2 anywhere else, just History. Oh well, I was hoping against the odds to find out where this stream is from. I really like to have accurate EPG data. It's a bummer because it's a 1080p stream and it's streaming just fine now.

Thanks for your input though. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Guide matches sky tvs programming but you have to allow for time difference
    No, it doesn't. I do an offset on channels that need to be adjusted for time difference already. I compared what was on and what they said was playing next and later and that didn't match with UK at all.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by expatter View Post
    No, it doesn't. I do an offset on channels that need to be adjusted for time difference already. I compared what was on and what they said was playing next and later and that didn't match with UK at all.
    well mine does Time now is 840 The guide on my box currently show ancient aliens playing right now with two episodes of chasing mummies then an episode of lost worlds playing
    If you look at the sky tv guide at 1pm you see the exact same line up
    Id be more than happy to post pics if you like
    Code:
    https://www.ontvtonight.com/uk/guide/listings/channel/533539243/h2.html?dt=2021-08-03