Thread: Mac address

TV Addicted

Mac address

I hope this doesn't sound too strange, but here comes my question:
    I have the Z8 pro, and I'm going to try to help a neighbor get started with their's.
    I want to show them where the MAC address is, but mine has disappeared.
    Do you know how to make the MAC address show up?
    Thanks

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The easiest place is on a Stickier on the underside of the device.

There are or were two MACs that could be seen with these Formular devices.
    A MAC address is basically an ID which includes lots of information about the device or program.

The Z8 device itself has a MAC and the MOL2 app (MyTVOnline2) has another MAC

The server connects to the MOL2 , while it does not connect to the Android , per say
    That is how to know what MAC to use.
    Another way is the MAC needed (the one the MOL2 uses) starts with 00:1a:79

This is also why they may have removed the MAC from where you had once seen it, because it showed the device's MAC and as well as the MOL2 MAC.
    Which confused people (no doubt).
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-02-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Okay, I checked here and you are correct and why wouldn't you be
    The MAC disappeared from where it once was seen.

Open the MOL2 and then open the Menu and then open the Connections and that is where the MAC was once shown at one time. There is the device's MAC still shown there but that is the incorret MAC to use (it does not start with the 00:1a:79 identifier).

So I went looking and there seems to be only one place (other then that stickier) to find the MOL2 MAC and that is in the Connections menu.
    You have to enter the 'Add Portal' option, and then scroll down till you see the ID shown there (which is the MOL2 MAC)

BTW directed at the techs... seems to me that by removing the MOL2 MAC from the opened MOL2, but leaving the device's MAC still there is bound to cause way more confession. What the heck were they thinking ?!?
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-02-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Hey, I found it. The "add portal" shows it in the lower right corner.
    Thanks a lot.
    I guess they wanted it almost hidden, in case someone broke into my house, then turned my TV on and my stb,
    just to be able to see my mac number. Boy, they think of everything...