Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Simone Biles has won Bronze in the women's balance beam final.
    It was the seventh Olympic medal for Biles, tying her with Shannon Miller for the most ever for an American gymnast.

Guan Chenchen of China wins Gold.
    Guan is 16 years old.

"I didn't expect a medal today, I just wanted to go out there for me and that's what I did," Biles told reporters after receiving the bronze.
    Teammate Suni Lee placed fifth after nearly losing her balance during her routine.

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-03-2021 at 12:09 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    "I didn't expect a medal today, I just wanted to go out there for me and that's what I did," Biles told reporters after receiving the bronze.
    WWJD...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    It was 4 you

Is there something you are not telling us 4me2c ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

It's Hammer Time !!
    Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland wins Gold again (and again).

Wlodarczyk's throw of 78.48m is good for the Gold medal in the Women's Hammer.
    This is her 3rd straight Gold in this event.

Men's Hammer Throw
    Poland's Wojciech Nowicki wins Gold
    Nowicki's throw of 82.52m came on his third attempt to win the Gold.

Elvind Henriksen (NOR) set a new national record in winning Silver with an 81.58 throw on his fifth attempt.
    Pawel Fajdek (POL) – a four-time world champion – recorded 81.53 for Bronze.

Trivia...
    Throwing heavy objects has been a sport in the British Isles for thousands of years. The modern version of the Hammer Throw, with a heavy ball attached to a chain, originated with the Scottish Highland Games which precede the modern Olympic Games.
    In the year 2000 women were first allowed to compete for a Gold medal for the Hammer Throw.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-04-2021 at 05:39 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    It was 4 you

Is there something you are not telling us 4me2c ?

Yep, 4me is Old School as in "Ask Not what Your Country can do For You but Ask, What can I Do for My Country"...!!!

she made it all about her and the hell with the USA...!!!
    WWJD...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Yep, 4me is Old School as in "Ask Not what Your Country can do For You but Ask, What can I Do for My Country"...!!!

she made it all about her and the hell with the USA...!!!
    I did not see it like that 4me

There have been some bad actors in these Olympics.
    The only reason I can enjoy these Olympics is because I have ignored the woke of it all...Even before it started there were people fired due to things they said , (things they said and not done), things they said as far back as when they were in grade school. That is pathetic too,,, but I take no interest in any of that, Nope.
    If I did then I would not be able to enjoy these Olympics.

Simone Biles in my view was only protecting herself and not disrespecting her country or her team.

You have to see a picture of that jacket that she immediately put on after the event. And I just happen to have one.
    She has at least two of these Jackets, with one not having the USA emblems on the sleeves or the back. Only the patch on the front.
    The one she wore after her Bronze event and to the podium did have those emblems and patches.

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-03-2021 at 09:04 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

In Tokyo right now it is 06:45 am, Wednesday Aug 4th
    The Women's 10km open water race should be underway right about now.
    Haley Anderson of team USA has a good chance at a medal in this event, perhaps Gold.

That is a long swim @ 10 km or 6 miles !!
    An average time would be about 3hrs 45mins, with faster times in Tokyo to be sure.

- Frank Zappa

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    Men's 400m Hurdles
    Kevin Young's Olympic record fell to the gold medal favorite and world record holder Karsten Warholm of Norway.

Warholm starts very, very quickly. Maybe too quick , can he keep that pace ??!!
    With Warholm fading down the final stretch Rai Benjamin of USA was catching him!
    But Warholm finds something extra and he goes on to win and smashed the world record with a time of 45.94 !!

Silver to Rai Benjamin with a time that also beat the old world record - 46.17
    Bronze to Alison dos Santos of Brazil

This was a great race, and the world record was broken by .75 sec! Benjamin was under the old WR as well/

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    This was a great race, and the world record was broken by .75 sec! Benjamin was under the old WR as well/
    I must use a different math than you because to me the record was broken by 0.23.

Kevin Young's previous Olympic Record (OR) of 46.78 seconds was set in Barcelona 1992 and was also the World Record (WR) record at the time.

Karsten Warholm then beat that WR just one month ago (June 2021) at 46.70 seconds.
    This last Tuesday (Tokyo time), Warholm set a time of 45.94 to break his own WR record by 0.76 seconds and as well sets the Olympic Record.

Rai Benjamin time was 46.17 which beat Warholm's previous record by 0.53 seconds.

Sydney McLaughlin wins gold for US and sets world record in Women's 400-meter hurdles.
    McLaughlin broke the world record. Dalilah Muhammad broke it, too.

McLaughlin came from behind after the last hurdle to top the defending Olympic champion with a WR and OR time of 51.46 seconds.
    Muhammad’s time of 51.58 also beat McLaughlin’s old record of 51.9, set at Olympic trials in June.

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-04-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast