Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    my Canadian guy was on it in the 10,000 M run.. until along come Ethiopia and Uganda ... wow can them guys run.
    They took my Canadian on the last lap and left us in the dust on a 10 thousand meter run !!!
    think about that.. on the last lap of a long distance run, these guys bumped it up and caught and left my Canadian dude in their dust.
    That is extraordinary abilities right there !
    wow !

Ethiopia's Selemon Barega won the first gold on the track, the men's 10,000m, ahead of Ugandan pair Joshua Cheptegei and Jacob Kiplimo.
    Cheptegei is the world record holder at 5,000m and 10,000m

10,000 meter = 10 kilometer
    10 kilometer = 6 mile

Trivia Question...
    In track events, to be considered a finish, what part of the body must cross the finish line?

Answer...
    Their trunk
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-03-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Fire From Within

USA-NED Womans Football (Soccer) came down to Penalties . Goaltender Alyssa Naeher saved 3 (one in regulation) and was the hero. (Rapinoe scored the clinching PK). Crazy game, the Dutch had the USA on the ropes, but here were two scores that were negated by offisdes by the Americans.

Next Monday its Canada-USA in the semi's. Canada also won on Penalties over Brazil, even after star Christine Sinclair missed the first one.
    Last edited by dara; 07-30-2021 at 08:46 PM.

I watched some of the Woman's Soccer/Football. I did not see the outcome thou, when I left it was a scoreless game into the 3rd quarter.

Canada is the only nation in the world to reach the podium at both London 2012 and Rio 2016 in women’s football.
    The team is hoping to make history by getting back on the podium for a third consecutive time.

added:
    Canada have beaten the USA by a single goal to secure their place in the women's Olympic football gold medal match on 5 August.
    The Canadian team, bronze medalists at the last two Olympic Games, converted a penalty to beat favorites the USA.

Trivia Question...
    What is the minimum numbers of players a team must have on the pitch?

Answer...
    A match cannot continue if a team has fewer than seven players as a result of multiple red cards or injuries. However, this rule has never been applied in an Olympic Football match.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-03-2021 at 09:49 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Fares El-Bakh from Qatar, set a new Olympic record (with a points total of 402) in a dominant performance to win Gold in the men's 96kg Weightlifting final.
    This will be Qatar's very first Olympic medal.

177kg in the Snatch and in the Clean and Jerk he set an Olympic record in that lift with a weight of 225kg
    It was one of two Olympic records he broke on the night.

He attempted a world record 232kg clean and jerk but wasn't able to make the lift.

177kg = 390lbs
    225kg = 496lbs
    232kg = 511lbs

IN THE WATER
    Team USA’s Caeleb Dressel has won his third gold medal of the Tokyo 2020 Games with a world record in 100m butterfly.
    The 24-year-old American won in a world record time of 49.45, shaving 0.05 seconds of his previous record.
    Great Britain swam to victory - and a new world record - in the debut Olympic mixed 4x100m medley relay final.
    Caeleb Dressel finishes his Olympic appearance with 5 Gold Medals.

ON THE GRASS
    After the first three days of play, Xander Schauffele of the United States leads the field going into the final round after shooting a three-under 68 to move to 14-under overall.
    Masters champion and local hero MATSUYAMA Hideki is still in the hunt in second place, just one stroke behind Schauffele. Great Britain’s Paul Casey and Carlos Ortiz of Mexico are tied for third on 12-under.

Xander Schauffele has been crowned the new Olympic champion with Gold medal Sunday morning Tokyo time. .
    Schauffele of the United States has won the Olympic men's individual stroke play in Golf competition.
    After four rounds of action Schauffele finished at -18 for the Gold.
    Slovakia's Rory Sabbatini ending the final round at -17 for the Silver.
    There will be a seven-way playoff for the Bronze medal, with Ireland's Rory McIlroy, Japan's MATSUYAMA Hideki and Great Britain's Paul Casey still in the mix.

Trivia Question...
    What happens if a player mistakenly hits another player's ball as his or her own?

Answer...
    He or she must take a penalty of two strokes and repeat their stroke with the correct ball. The player whose ball was improperly played returns their ball to the location where the incident occurred.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-03-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

The Jamaican women sweep the podium (again)
    Elaine Thompson-Herah wins Gold in the 100m run (again)

This is her second consecutive Olympic gold medal.
    The Jamaican sprint queen did it in style, beating a quality field – including two-time Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce – racing to victory in an Olympic record time of 10.61 seconds.

Only 1988 Olympic champion Florence Griffith-Joyner has run faster with her world record of 10.49 set in the U.S. Olympic trials for the Seoul Games.

The Jamaican women sweep of the podium at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics is their second time doing this feat, with the first time at Beijing 2008

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-31-2021 at 03:54 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Something Fishy about that pic...
    WWJD...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    you are looking too deep
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Is it because they were all wearing green shorts?

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Compare her size with the ones in Post #13...!!!
    WWJD...!!!

Compare her size with the ones in Post #13...!!!
    You've lost me.They are not the same woman.Different countries and different skin colour.
    Compare what?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast