Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Channels down?

Quote Originally Posted by productz4u View Post
    Ok took a chance and changed portal from the route checker on the IPTV66 site
    Rebooted and selected s2 my portal 2 and it works !!!!
    only problem now is the volume I can hardly hear TV with volume at max setting
    Thanks for your input at least got the channels back
    glad you got it going.
    remove hdmi cable from your box and tv then turn off your box and tv . now connect your hdmi cable to your box and your tv. turn on your tv then turn on your box and see if it helps with audio.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    glad you got it going.
    remove hdmi cable from your box and tv then turn off your box and tv . now connect your hdmi cable to your box and your tv. turn on your tv then turn on your box and see if it helps with audio.
    Thanks for the suggestion I tried that and no Improvement.
    I just don't understand when it was on the S1 stream it was way too loud and I had to turn the volume down
    and now on the S2 stream I can hear with the volume at max but when a/c comes on I cant hear the tv

Hopefully S1 comes back online and I can try again appreciate the help here

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    If you have an AV cable, try that.
    The Mag box has one input for AV (Audio/Video) and not three (Yellow,White,Red)
    You would need a cable with the three jacks on the one end (Yellow =Video & Red/White = Audio) and one jack on the other end.
    And of course you'd need a TV with the 3 AV inputs (Y R W)

I suggest this because the Mag I have here lost audio thru HDMI sometime ago and I have had to connect the AV cable to gain back the Audio.

The S1 and S2 portals may have their audio tracks set differently. One may be Mono while the other may be Stereo or something like that.
    Incidentally you can see the Audio Track settings while viewing LiveTV channels thru the Mode button on your RCU, which is just below the Yellow button.

The Mag box after a few years (5 or 6 years here), seems like it looses or partially looses it's HDMI functionality.
    Alot goes on in those HDMI connections, including AC power, so I'd try things that eliminate the HDMI (like the AV Cable).
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-29-2021 at 06:58 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by cecilrob View Post
    Only channel 204 cbsn seems to be on under tv portal. Videoclub working as normal. How do we bring those items under video club that are not complete as "breaking bad" series that has no audio as does "handmaids tale : Series 4 episode 1 to 7.to the attention of those who can correct them.anyone knows ?
    I had earlier sent in a report about those TV Series problems.
    Seems no correction has happened yet
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    glad you got it going.
    Hey Finally got the Volume problem solved.
    I found a solution that worked
    I reset the remote control by pressing the setup button and OK button together at same time for 2 secs
    I waited until i seen red power button flashing
    Now it works perfectly but that wipes out programming to operate TV remote
    So I need to program the remote for that
    Very Happy Now

Quote Originally Posted by productz4u View Post
    Hey Finally got the Volume problem solved.
    I found a solution that worked
    I reset the remote control by pressing the setup button and OK button together at same time for 2 secs
    I waited until i seen red power button flashing
    Now it works perfectly but that wipes out programming to operate TV remote
    So I need to program the remote for that
    Very Happy Now
    Cool Beans productz4u
    thnx for the report
    - Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12