Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Blue Origin Rocket launch

This last Tuesday we saw Amazon founder billionaire Jeff Bezos blasted to the edge of space and spent a few minutes outside Earth's atmosphere Tuesday on the first crewed flight from his firm Blue Origin.
    The Rocket was and is originally named Phallus I (talk about an ego)
    But was officially named after Mercury astronaut Alan Shepard, the first American to go to space.
    New Shepard is our reusable suborbital rocket system designed to take astronauts and research payloads past the Kármán line - the internationally recognized boundary of space.

There were questions and controversy over all this.
    Bezos who does not pay taxes (1% he paid last year) is known for how he does business, from his treatment of his employees to his business' with China, among other things.
    When Bezos landed he commented thanking his amazon employees, which was a joke in itself.
    The American people were outraged that they basically paid for this and they were not included in the thanks given.

Former Hawaii Democratic Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard had this to say about it
    'The only problem I have with Bezo's Blue Origin rocket launch into space is that it is going to come back'

But no matter what we all may think about Bezos, this launch and space flight was historic !

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-22-2021 at 03:30 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    yes, Yes, YES it was...!!! Another Leap for Mankind...!!
    WWJD...!!!

Fire From Within

I saw the launch, looks like a lot of fun, but the lady that rode it was kind of disappointed as it was too short, and was too close to earth. Thanks for being honest!

It was the first time I saw the launch vehicle, and it seemed a little phallic. Maybe not as bad as Austin Powers, but I guess they were trying to maximize the cabin space.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Roflmao...!!!
    WWJD...!!!