Thread: Best stb

TV Addicted

Best stb

Hi,

I know it's been asked a lot of times. But see more choices now.

Based on experience, which one is the best in terms of not only for iptv.

Have a dreamlink t2 but would like to upgrade.

What I know is:

1. The formuler Z8 and Dreamlink T3 are about the same.
    2. The Nvidia Shield sounds good but I don't want it to play games.
    3. I see a new Formuler GTV. Is it worth to pay the extra over the Z8?

Want to hear opinions. Thanks!

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by aztheroth View Post
    Hi,

I know it's been asked a lot of times. But see more choices now.

Based on experience, which one is the best in terms of not only for iptv.

Have a dreamlink t2 but would like to upgrade.

What I know is:

1. The formuler Z8 and Dreamlink T3 are about the same.
    2. The Nvidia Shield sounds good but I don't want it to play games.
    3. I see a new Formuler GTV. Is it worth to pay the extra over the Z8?

Want to hear opinions. Thanks!
    My vote is BuzzTV XRS4900. But I haven't owned any of your choices.

TV Addicted
    Thanks for the suggestion. What app does it use for iptv? Have you used it to play 4k movies from a USB? Is it wireless wifi?

Thanks. Just want to know thenoptions for upgrade

you can not compare these boxes as they all designed for iptv and work very well. there are multiple sticky threads for each and every box in their sub forums. please take a look and read specs then make a choice
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    Thanks for the info. Just sometimes the specs can be great but performance may say something different. Sometimes boxes with same specs may perform different. I upgraded from a Mag254 to a Dreamlink T2. I want iptv but also able to play 4k videos from a USB drive. I was going to get a Dreamlink T3 but now I'm comparing with the BuzzTV. But before I buy something on the $160 range, would like to see feedbacks from boxes used here

I own both nvidia and buzztv 4900, was a nvidia lover for a while but now 4900i uptop !
    Plus 4900 is very user friendly and ofcourse u want a box with suport, buzz team is great always coming with updates and emplementing varous features…
    i bet the other brands also good but its my 2 cents about the ones i use hope helps u

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    You are Not A Noobie...!!!

You Know how to read and as crazed has always said We don't do Comparisons...!!

http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?228-BuzzTV-XRS4900
    WWJD...!!!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The thing about comparisons is that it makes any given STB always seem better then another, or make any given STB always seem worse then another.
    It is not fair to do this because although that certain STB may be a good STB, that does not mean that another is not a good STB.
    There are STBs that are outdated and etc and they would not be as good as a newer model, which is fine and fair enough. But comparing newer quality models against each other is something for ytubers.
    There is also the deal with most users would have had access to one or two STBs over a time and therefore their opinion is selective. No fault of the poster, it is just how it is.
    I have probably had most every IPTV STB made (iptv STBs not android STB), so I could do fair comparisons, but that would take alot of typing. I would have to list every good or poor aspect of every receiver without missing anything (to be fair). Each has their good points and there are some poor points too.
    I could not do that nor would I want to

IPTVTalk is a site that is open to many STB brands. Some support us and some don't.
    The Main board here shows the STB sub-forums and are given priority with their order of appearance accordingly.

There are 3 main types of IPTV STBs
    1. Linux OS (Operating System) with IPTV service connection as the main working platform. This is not an Android and can not install apps on these boxes.
    2. Android OS which would require installed apps in order to connect to an IPTV service.
    3. Android OS with a IPTV service connection platform onboard the STB from the box-maker ( example: BuzzTV would have the Buzz app, Dreamlink would have the DOL app or the MOL app and etc). These are Androids and therefore can install apps on the box along with the apps that came pre-installed.

The STBs shown on our main board and shown in their own sub-forums most fall under #3 type with the MAG being the odd one out.
    The Mag falls under #1 (except one or two of their newest models do carry the Android OS).

When looking for a new STB, I know it would be nice for someone to give comparisons, but that is not what happens here at Talk site.
    What you would want to do is figure out what is important to you in an STB and then go into any or multiple selected sub-forums and ask if that STB has the function and how good it works and etc...
    Do that in as many sub-forums as you want and ask as many questions as you want., just don't ask for comparisons

thnx guys
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-20-2021 at 10:42 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

and most of the time you will find all the info you need and answer to your questions posted by staff and members in sub-forums.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    Thank you all for the input. Buzz is not on Ama... so guess will have to order from their website. Nvidia read that latest update has lots of ads. But will keep comparing.

Again, thank you all!