Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry "Unable to Connect to the Server" ?!

Hello again friends,

At 11:35 pm Pacific time ( Western Canada) my 3900 gives me this msg every night....why is that?

"Unable to Connect to the Server, due to a connection error. Try rebooting your box. If that does not work, try rebooting your modem or Router"

So, I reboot the box, and everything is back up and running but EVERY FRIGGING NIGHT...lol.....?! Please tell me if anyone else gets this and what did you do to get rid of it?!

Much Obliged.

only solution again factory reset bud
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

With Factory reset, do I lost whatever on the box, i.e. apps and everything?! cause I was wondering what would be left on the box once applying factory reset?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Factory reset will delete 'user' installed apps.

But usually with most androids, the reset will not effect anything onboard a 'factory installed' app, like the BuzzTV app on the Buzz box as example.
    That app as example will not be deleted, and the server setup on that app will stay intact, as well as Favorites and etc within that 'factory installed' app... but do not always trust that either as some rare instances Favs will be lost.
    As well as an app like Ytube that has been 'factory installed'. It should stay intact with a factory reset.

User installed apps will be effected (deleted/erased)
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-10-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    anytime I have factory set I have lost all server info

Update:

I unplugged my Modem and Router yesterday for over 10 hrs and when I got back hone at exactly 11:35 pm my time (Pacific time). I was watching the news on my iptv and stopped and the same msg came up again
    "Unable to Connect to the Server, due to a connection error. Try rebooting your box. If that does not work, try rebooting your modem or Router" Why is that?

I would delete that slot and try different and see if that helps.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

That msg at 11:35 pm comes on for all 7 iptvs I have

well I think you have app that killing your network around that time. you better get rid of third party suspicious app then check for result.

Warrior
    I would suspect your isp rather than the box especially since it happens at a set time
    Are you using a vpn?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast