Wifi random disconnects anyone?

I have been noticing lately after about 6 months-1 year that the wifi is randomly disconnecting and its not a router issue. I notice that when I have a frozen screen watching a channel, I go to home and the wifi symbol is not fully shaded and has a "?" mark next to it. I click on the wifi symbol and turn off and then back on the wifi and the ssid is found and reconnected. The channel has been restored. Just wanted to know if there is a bug with the wifi or what. I never had this issue with the Ethernet connected. Appears to be only on wifi...

Thanks,

no other reports so it might be you only. see if you have update available and if yes try to download to see if that helps.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I have seen this before
    My T3 acted same way some time ago.

Mine was fixed by turning Smart Steering off
    If you can access your router and if you do have a thing called Smart Steering, then turn that off, disable it.
    It might be labeled as something else similar to Smart Steering, with different routers.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?40202-SmartSteering

If that link does not take you to the correct forum, then follow the path shown to the forum and the thread.
    Computers Section > Routers & Networking > SmartSteering

Here is another trick which is unrelated to your issue, but it is a neat trick.
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...ps-to-300-Mbps
    Computers Section > Routers & Networking > 2.4 G network bumped from 144 Mbps to 300 Mbps
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-07-2021 at 10:14 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by kronic187 View Post
    I have been noticing lately after about 6 months-1 year that the wifi is randomly disconnecting and its not a router issue. I notice that when I have a frozen screen watching a channel, I go to home and the wifi symbol is not fully shaded and has a "?" mark next to it. I click on the wifi symbol and turn off and then back on the wifi and the ssid is found and reconnected. The channel has been restored. Just wanted to know if there is a bug with the wifi or what. I never had this issue with the Ethernet connected. Appears to be only on wifi...

Thanks,
    What box and system are you using? Do you have a VPN service? How do you know that it is not a router issue? Have you rebooted the router?

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    What box and system are you using? Do you have a VPN service? How do you know that it is not a router issue? Have you rebooted the router?
    Its a T3 dreamlink, one of the first ones that came out. No VPN enabled. Its not the router because all other devices work properly. Its a ATT fiber gig modem/router fairly new. The issue happened before also on my T3 using the comcrap Xfi gig before I switched to Att gig fiber. Its random, but I notice when it use to freeze, I though it was the cache and used to clear the cache/epg, but nothing. The only work around was hard restart by holding the power button or cycle it. Now what I do when I notice the "?" mark next to the ssid, with gray empty signal bars is cycle the Wifi option by turning it off and then back on.

I do notice that when I turn the box on after a power cycle (unplug), sometimes it does not automatically connect and stays at 0% when it try's to autoconnect to iptv, I'd have to go to SSID and select it manually or cycle the wifi feature. The majority of the other connection to iptv starts at 10% and loads quickly. So the wifi disconnect is very random. I know its not the router Mr. Guest, because at the moment it freezes for 1-3 minutes or an indefinite freeze until I power cycle or wifi cycle i press the home button and see the "?" mark on the main screen. Then cycling the wifi it connects and I start the mytvonline2 and it comes back up again quickly. The SSID is always shown meaning the router is broadcasting.

What I am doing now that I noticed is that UPnP in settings was disabled and iPv6 was disabled. So I enabled it on the T3 and will see if the issue corrects itself. Note, the Gig fiber or Coax provider boxes does require iPv6 to get max achieved speeds (950mbps) if i'm not mistaken. You need both Ipv6 and Ipv4...

I will try with these 2 things enabled and follow up in a few days. Then i'll try NordVPN since I know it was mentioned as a workaround due to comcrap issues last year. Not sure if comcrap and Att scanning and filtering out packets, domains, or at the node level. Will update soon.

Chief Ninja
    I am not familiar with the router that you have, but it could be your, router or ISP could have some security settings that disconnects from what they think are unsafe sites. Just a thought.

As a side note, my wifi drops randomly as well if I have the IPV6 set.

Hope you get it figured out. good luck.