Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Channel descriptions missing / epg

Am I alone in loosing the channel descriptions?
    My date and times are correct, yet I see no others complaining about this issue.
    Yesterday I had the descriptions, then today,,,, they are absent.
    Is something up? I see where p6 is being worked on due to issues. Is this the issue?
    Keep in mind, the channels are coming in just fine. Not the listings however.
    Any ideas?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Kid View Post
    Am I alone in loosing the channel descriptions?
    My date and times are correct, yet I see no others complaining about this issue.
    Yesterday I had the descriptions, then today,,,, they are absent.
    Is something up? I see where p6 is being worked on due to issues. Is this the issue?
    Keep in mind, the channels are coming in just fine. Not the listings however.
    Any ideas?
    this has been an ongoing issue with the service 's EPG

There is a solution thou.
    Depending on what type of receiver or device you are using, you can use the Playlist method and then with that method you could add your own EPG source of which we have available created by our members here at itvtalk.

There are two sources available.
    One from Shooty and one from AcidJesus

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...nd-UK-Channels
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ylist-Programs

What I do is create two Playlist slots with the same server URL in each, but with the two EPG sources , one for one slot and the other for the second slot. Then you can easily switch between the two to compare and use.
    This is why I ask what device are you using as some devices work better then others when it comes to Playlist slots and user friendly conditions.

And also you can use the Total Commander app to help with the copy and paste of the URL string, or type it out manually but that can be tiresome and perhaps chances of typos, while the copy/paste eliminates that possibility.
    You can also find the EPG URL's shown in the Total Commander tutorial
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...otal-Commander

To get the Playlist URL , log onto your code to the papiao website and remove the MAC that is attached (if there is one) and then look at that login page again and a Playlist URL will show after that MAC has been removed.
    The link below describes hw to do this but it shows how to get the hardcopy of the playlist BUT you want the URL of the Playlist. The link briefly explains the how to with that Playlist URL
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-NFPS-Playlist

Once you get all this figured out and working, you will be styling
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-07-2021 at 02:05 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Okay,,, I'll try to respond to that.
    First you must understand I'm 84 years old and find many new terms hard to understand.
    Next, whenever I go to your links,,, I end up in the welcome area. (Nice to see ya, etc etc)
    Most of all, I see it isn't just me with this issue. This then lets me know I'll just have to wait and let things work out on it's own.

I do however wish to thank you for the effort you put into your attempt to help.

Okay,,, I'll try to respond to that.
    First you must understand I'm 84 years old and find many new terms hard to understand.
    Next, whenever I go to your links,,, I end up in the welcome area. (Nice to see ya, etc etc)
    Most of all, I see it isn't just me with this issue. This then lets me know I'll just have to wait and let things work out on it's own.

I do however wish to thank you for the effort you put into your attempt to help.
    them links acting like that is something new. I will look into that.
    thnx Texas Kid

I see you are not a Kid thou
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    them links acting like that is something new. I will look into that.
    thnx Texas Kid

I see you are not a Kid thou
    I dont see anything wrong with links. all 4 links took me to right post.
    they say when your are old you act like a kid so he .........
    no disrespect to texas Kid
    Last edited by Ryu; 07-07-2021 at 11:03 PM.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with links. all 4 links took me to right post.
    they say when your are old you act like a kid so he .........
    no disrespect to texas Kid
    thnx bud
    In truth someone else reported this to me too, which I had forgotten about.
    After your report thou, I suspect it is the user's Browser issue maybe

thnx Ryu
    - Frank Zappa

I actually double check it again now and all good. indeed its their browser.
    no problem at all sir
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I actually double check it again now and all good. indeed its their browser.
    no problem at all sir
    Okay, I would paste the link to the window left of the search window. I now know this will lead me to the welcome area.
    If I simply click on the given link, then it will work as you claim.
    It's so easy, it is easy to not consider.
    Yet, how does this infuse the code (app) into my stb? See,, here I'm the kid you refer to.

TV Addicted
    Wow, I finally have the commander installed into my stb, but after that it gets too complicated for me.
    Is there any chance for the site itself to reestablish the EPG?
    I'll watch for any response to this question.
    Remember now I do have regular TV, so I don't have to be without even if each channel has to be physically turned on to see what's playing.

Okay, I would paste the link to the window left of the search window. I now know this will lead me to the welcome area.
    If I simply click on the given link, then it will work as you claim.
    It's so easy, it is easy to not consider.
    Yet, how does this infuse the code (app) into my stb? See,, here I'm the kid you refer to.
    your are actually highliting the link and copy and past. this does not copy the entire link thats why you are ending up in welcome area. if you just click on the link or just right click on the link then copy link and past you will to right thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast