Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 11

Fire From Within

Windows 11

News on Thursday... Windows 11 introduced.

Code:
    https://www.techdriod.com/windows-11-improvements-features-over-windows-10/
    Mixed feelings on this... better performance and some UI changes... but they are leaving behind older processors and motherboards, requiring Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM 2.0) and a HD (720p) display. My newer laptop is compatible, my workhorse desktop with a i5 4440 4th gen chip is not. Machines over 4 yrs old will probably not be compatible.
    Last edited by dara; 06-27-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    News on Thursday... Windows 11 introduced.

Code:
    https://www.techdriod.com/windows-11-improvements-features-over-windows-10/
    Mixed feelings on this... better performance and some UI changes... but they are leaving behind older processors and motherboards, requiring Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM 2.0) and a HD (720p) display. My newer laptop is compatible, my workhorse desktop with a i5 4440 4th gen chip is not. Machines over 4 yrs old will probably not be compatible.
    Thank you for the information.

I hope that they do not do an automatic update like they do with their weekly updates. My old computers apparently will not run then at all.

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Thank you for the information.

I hope that they do not do an automatic update like they do with their weekly updates. My old computers apparently will not run then at all.
    you can turn off atomic update by going into regedit. its very easy by following youtube videos. I had same issue before even I had updates off it would still update. then I ended up force disable.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Fire From Within

I doubt they will do an auto update for Windows 11, but do pay attention when they start rolling it out over the next few months. I do think MSFT would rather people to buy a new computer than shoe horn this into old computers. If you initially installed Windows 7 or earlier on your machine (or it came with it)... you have an "old" computer.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    you can turn off atomic update by going into regedit. its very easy by following youtube videos. I had same issue before even I had updates off it would still update. then I ended up force disable.
    Thank you, great information. So far I haven't been able to find the correct u-tube video yet. But I will keep looking.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    I doubt they will do an auto update for Windows 11, but do pay attention when they start rolling it out over the next few months. I do think MSFT would rather people to buy a new computer than shoe horn this into old computers. If you initially installed Windows 7 or earlier on your machine (or it came with it)... you have an "old" computer.
    "If you initially installed Windows 7 or earlier on your machine (or it came with it)... you have an "old" computer." LOL for sure

what version of windows do you have? right click on my computer or this pc and go to properties then tell us what version it says then I get you some videos.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    what version of windows do you have? right click on my computer or this pc and go to properties then tell us what version it says then I get you some videos.
    Thanks "Window 10"

Windows 10 have different versions.
    Windows 10 pro? Home? What does it says?

Chief Ninja
    Windows 10 Home. Sorry for not noting that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast