Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Chief Officer
    Popular Sayings, modified by the Internet

- Home is where you hang your @
    - The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

- A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

- You can't teach a new mouse old clicks.

- Great groups from little icons grow.

- Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.

- C: is the root of all directories.

- Don't put all your hypes in one home page.

- Pentium wise; pen and paper foolish.

- The modem is the message.

- Too many clicks spoil the browse.

- The geek shall inherit the earth.

- A chat has nine lives.

- Don't byte off more than you can view.

- Fax is stranger than fiction.

- What boots up must come down.

- Windows will never cease.

- In Gates we trust.

- Virtual reality is its own reward.

- Modulation in all things.

- A user and his leisure time are soon parted.

- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

- There's no place like .home.co.

- Know what to expect before you connect.

- Oh, what a tangled Web site we weave when first we practice.

- Speed thrills.
    Last edited by jony604; 02-28-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Chief Officer
    Qualities of a woman

Top 5 qualities of a woman:

1. It's important to have a woman, who helps at home, who cooks from time to time, cleans up and has a job.

2. It's important to have a woman, who can make you laugh.

3. It's important to have a woman, who you can trust and who doesn't lie to you.

4. It's important to have a woman, who is good in bed and who likes to be with you.

5. It's very, very important that these four women do not know each other.

Chief Officer
    One day the great philosopher...

One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance who ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard aboutone of your students?"
    "Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell me I'd like you topass a little test. It's called the Test of Three."
    "Three?"
    "That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my student let's take a moment to test what you're going to say. The first test is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"
    "Oh no," the man said, "actually I just heard about it."
    "All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second test, the test of Goodness. Is what youare about to tell me about my student something good?"
    "No, on the contrary..."
    "So," Socrates interrupted, "you want to tell me something bad about him even though you're not certain it's true?"
    The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.
    Socrates continued. "You may still pass though, because there is a third test - the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?"
    "Well it....no, not really..."
    "Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?"
    The man was defeated and ashamed. This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.
    It also explains why he never found out that Plato was having an affair with his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by jony604 View Post
    Qualities of a woman

Top 5 qualities of a woman:

1. It's important to have a woman, who helps at home, who cooks from time to time, cleans up and has a job.

2. It's important to have a woman, who can make you laugh.

3. It's important to have a woman, who you can trust and who doesn't lie to you.

4. It's important to have a woman, who is good in bed and who likes to be with you.

5. It's very, very important that these four women do not know each other.
    Words of wisdom!!!!
    "Glass Half Full Always"

Chief Officer
    A little boy comes down for br...

A little boy comes down for breakfast and his mother asks if he had done his chores. “Not yet,” says the little boy.
    His mother tells him that until he completes them, he won't be getting any breakfast.
    Well, he's a little angry, so he goes to feed the chickens and kicks one. He goes to feed the cows, and kicks a cow as well. He goes to feed the pigs, and he kicks a pig.
    He goes back in for breakfast and his mother gives him a bowl of dry cereal. “How come I don't get any eggs and bacon? Why don't I have any milk in my cereal?” he asks.
    “Well,” his mother says, “I saw you kick a chicken, so you don't get any eggs for a week. I saw you kick the pig, so you don't get any bacon for a week either. I also saw you kick the cow, so for a week you aren't getting any milk.”
    Just then, his father comes down for breakfast and kicks the cat half way across the kitchen.
    The little boy looks up at his mother with a smile and says, “Are you going to tell him, or shall I?”

Chief Officer
    The ABC's of Marriage

After being married for 25 years, a wife asked her husband to describe her.
    He looked at her carefully, then said, 'You are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K.'
    'What does that mean?' she asked suspiciously.
    He said, 'Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delightful, Elegant, Foxy, Gorgeous and Hot!'
    She beamed at him happily and said: 'Oh, that's so lovely! But what about I, J and K?'
    'I'm Just Kidding!'
    (The swelling in his eye is going down and the doctors are fairly optimistic about saving his genitals).

Quote Originally Posted by jony604 View Post
    A little boy comes down for br...

A little boy comes down for breakfast and his mother asks if he had done his chores. “Not yet,” says the little boy.
    His mother tells him that until he completes them, he won't be getting any breakfast.
    Well, he's a little angry, so he goes to feed the chickens and kicks one. He goes to feed the cows, and kicks a cow as well. He goes to feed the pigs, and he kicks a pig.
    He goes back in for breakfast and his mother gives him a bowl of dry cereal. “How come I don't get any eggs and bacon? Why don't I have any milk in my cereal?” he asks.
    “Well,” his mother says, “I saw you kick a chicken, so you don't get any eggs for a week. I saw you kick the pig, so you don't get any bacon for a week either. I also saw you kick the cow, so for a week you aren't getting any milk.”
    Just then, his father comes down for breakfast and kicks the cat half way across the kitchen.
    The little boy looks up at his mother with a smile and says, “Are you going to tell him, or shall I?”
    Chip off the ole' block...............
    "Glass Half Full Always"

Chief Officer
    An elderly married couple...

An elderly married couple scheduled their annual medical examination the same day so they could travel together. After the husband's examination, the doctor then said to him, "You appear to be in good health. Do you have any medical concerns that you would like discuss with me?"

"In fact, I do," said the man. "After I have sex with my wife for the first time, I am usually hot and sweaty. And then, after I have sex with my wife the second time, I am usually cold and chilly."

"This is very interesting," replied the doctor. "Let me do some research and get back to you."

After examining the elderly wife, the doctor said to her, "Everything appears to be fine. Do you have any medical concerns that you would like to discuss with me?"

The lady replied that she had no questions nor concerns. The doctor then asked, "Your husband had an unusual concern. He claims that he is usually hot and sweaty after having sex the first time with you and then cold and chilly after the second time. Do you know why?"

"Oh that old buzzard!" she replied.

"That's because the first time is usually in July and the second time is usually in December!"

Chief Officer
    Match Made in Heaven

A young couple were driving down the road one day, happily, deliriously in love and due to be married the next day. Suddenly, a large truck swerved from the oncoming lanes into their car! BOOM! And they both died.
    At the Pearly Gates, the young couple confronted St. Peter. "Sir, you have to help us! We were to be married tomorrow. Is there any way we can be married in Heaven?"
    "Hmmm," replied St. Peter, "I don't recall there ever being a marriage in Heaven. Well, let's take it up with God and see what he says."
    So they approached God with their plea. God sat for a moment, pondering the request. Then he looked down and said, "Come back in five years and ask me again."
    Five years later, the couple approached God again, even more in love than ever and pleading that he allow their marriage. God paused for quite a while, musing over their request. Then he spoke, "Come back in five years and ask me again."
    And once again, five years later, the couple was again in the presence of God, more in love than ever and begging God's permission for the third time to marry. This time God smiled broadly and thundered, "Yes my children, you may marry!"
    Well, the wedding went off beautifully, the reception was huge, everyone thought the bride was simply breathtaking and the groom was soooo handsome, and everyone was happy! Until...
    Two years later, the couple was back before God, and things were not looking so good. The couple had come to the realization almost immediately that although marriages were made in heaven, they didn't last very long there! And, in spite of their struggles to come to terms with the situation, they had decided there simply was no alternative but to get a divorce.
    Black clouds fractured by lightening rolled across the sky, and the ground shook with explosive thunder. God glared down at the tiny couple before him, his face becoming dark and angry, and he roared, "Divorce?! Impossible!!! It took us TEN years just to find a priest in Heaven! Do you have any idea how long it will take to find a LAWYER?!!"

Chief Officer
    Fact or fiction?

Fact or fiction (you make the call):

1. Marriages are made in heaven. But so again, are thunder and lightning.
    2. After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin… they can’t face each other, but, they still stay together.
    3. Married life is very frustrating. In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens. In the third year, they both speak and the neighbours listen..
    4. When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you canbe sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife is.
    5. Marriage is when a man and woman become as one. The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
    6. Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something she says. After marriage, he will fall asleep before she finish.
    7. Every man wants a wife who is beautiful, understanding, economical, and a good cook. But the law allows only one wife.
    8. They say when a man holds a woman’s hand before marriage, that is LOVE. After marriage, that is SELF DEFENSE.
    9. A wife becomes a “SEX OBJECT” when every time the husband asks for sex she objects!
    10. Marriage is the only war where you get to sleep with the enemy.
    11. There are two four-letter words that are offensive to men in marriage : “don’t” and “stop”, unless, they are used together (“don’t stop”).
    12. Marriage is an institution where the man loses his Bachelor’s Degree and the woman gets her Master’s Degree.
    13. In marriage, a man can have words with his wife, but, a woman can have paragraphs with her husband.
    14. Marriage is love. Love is blind. Therefore, marriage is an institution for the blind.
    15. There are 3 stages of SEX in a married life: Tri-weekly, try weekly and try weakly.
    16. LOVE is a long sweet dream; MARRIAGE is the alarm clock.
    17. When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But, when a 10-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.
    18. Marriage is not a word. It is a sentence … a LIFE SENTENCE.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast