Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Somebody Made a "Bad Choice" Last Season and Let Him Go... They didn't realize that They Just "Let Him FREE" to Burn Up the Tracks...!!!
    yea and that 'somebody' (Chip Ganassi Racing) cowardly bowed down to big corp sponsorship, which lead to 'cancelling' Larson.
    Nascar is my sport and I love it, but thru out all these years I have hated the fact that it is controlled by corps and what they decide ... hell, it took years and years to remove cigarette companies as team sponsors and as a nascar sponser as a whole (Winston Cup).
    That says to me that corps (and nascar) care only about monies. What Larson did or said was nothing compared to what these corps have done and are doing to humanity.

Nascar would not exist without these sponsers and I know this but that does not mean I have to like it.
    Them corps are evil entities, lots of them
    And it has become a very confusing thing in my life..... To be or not to be, kinda thing.
    I've gotten thru so far by ignoring all that and simply loving the race and the drivers. Don't know how long that can last thou, all my life so far it seems
    I had already stopped my diecast purchasing hobby sometime ago due to all this.

Seeing Larson in Championship form is fantastic!
    It looks good on Larson.
    He was railroaded out of nascar due to the lack of balls his previous Team owners have or don't have.

Go Go Larson !!!
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-21-2021 at 07:55 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Now You Know why me kept asking for Cars with Less Ads(Clean Cars)...!!!

WWJD...!!!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Very cool 4me2c
    Clean, Lean and Mean
    Always have liked Brad's PPG car. That Miller Lite car is styling too.
    Harvick's Grave Digger car is pretty sweet too

I have a few diecasts as you may guess. Most are plastered with sponsor images, as we all see in nascar since the days Richard Petty was King of the track. During that time of 'King Petty' and before that, there were no sponsors, not like we see today anyway. That is incidentally how Petty won so many races. He had corporate sponsors before most all the other drivers and crew teams. Which gave petty the advantage in new parts, new engines and etc, etc... Is why I also do not look at Petty's records the same as I do as a driver like David Pearson or Fireball Roberts and the likes of them.
    But as I do know, nascar would not have survived without the sponsors and most were/are the corporate elite with visions of sugar plums in their heads.
    Ma and Pa's chainsaw fix it shop would have been fine with me, but that's just silly thinking.

Anyways....
    My favorite diecast I own is a Kyle Larson car.
    Back in 2015, I was lucky enough to get a deal and picked up Larson's Cup Rookie Diiecast.
    It's autographed.
    My previous diecast supplier found it for me in 2014 and saved for me because, well because he knew I'd want that one.
    Even back then I knew or suspected that Larson was gonna be one heck of a driver, which now is easy for me to say on hind-sight.... but I do have the diecast
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-21-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Good Read Gone BAD :

Code:
    https://www.autoweek.com/racing/nascar/a1919896/kyle-larson-signs-chip-ganassi-drive-no-42-sprint-cup-car/

This is Sharp :
    Last edited by 4me2c; 06-21-2021 at 10:02 PM.
    WWJD...!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12