Pinball Wizard

‘Penny Dreadful’ Season 3 News: Showtime Series Renewed for Third Season

If you haven't watched it, I recommend this Horror TV Series:

Premium cable networks like Showtime, HBO and Starz have seen a multitude of success for their show's which fall outside of the realm of FCC control and can feature controversial scenes. That is very much the case with horror series "Penny Dreadful," which just got renewed for a third season on Showtime, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

2016 is actually full of many great renewals for all networks, but it is the return of "Penny Dreadful" that has fans chomping at the bit for next season.

The show refers to the British publications of short fiction in the 19th century that feature horror-themed storylines. In the series, we see many popular characters from classic fictional horror stories. These include Dr. Frankenstein and his creature, Mina Harker and Abraham Van Helsing from "Dracula" and Dorian Gray, who is immortal.

Showtime President David Nevins spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about the renewal and upcoming season of "Penny Dreadful."

"John Logan's brilliant writing and this amazingly talented ensemble continue to draw a passionate, global fan base into the meticulously crafted world 'Penny Dreadful,'" Nevins told THR. "Together with our wonderful partners at Sky Atlantic, we're excited to see what new haunts John and his team have in store for season three."

Sky Atlantic director Zai Bennett was also quoted by THR.

"'Penny Dreadful' is the perfect fit for Sky Atlantic, truly international in scale and ambition but with a raft of British talent at its core, and filmed in the Republic of Ireland," Bennett told THR. "I'm thrilled to have the series returning to the channel, and to once again be partnering with John Logan and continuing to work with our good friends at Showtime."

According to Showtime on Tumblr, "Penny Dreadful" is a BAFTA-winning series that continues to win the hearts of its fans. It stars Josh Hartnett, Eva Green and Timothy Dalton. Season 3 will be shooting in Dublin, Ireland, on location and will feature nine episodes next year.

Love this series I am so glad it was renewed. Plus Billy Piper is hot!
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Pinball Wizard
    Not a bad looking Mrs. Frankenstein!!

"The Strain" is also back this year...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Pinball Wizard
    I read all the books(the Strain) and aw the show last season, It's one of my favorites!!