Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

change mac address

I have two mag254 for a couple of years now one box freezes and have to desconnect on back and it works until it freezes again.
    I try to put another box I have and it is an older mag254 put cannot get to change mac address on the iptv checker,last year I changed mac address
    but not now.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    What do You Think causes it to Freeze...?!? If it is getting Hot, put a small fan by it and see if that helps 1st...!!!
    WWJD...!!!

Yea you can change MAC address and assign in Papios site.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Chief Ninja
    Do you have to have a MAC address assigned in Papio's club? Can you use more that one box with one sub as long as you only have one box on at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Do you have to have a MAC address assigned in Papio's club? Can you use more that one box with one sub as long as you only have one box on at a time?
    each device has its own Mac address. if you use Mac then overytime you switch device you have to reattach its Mac address and perform a reset on papio site. and yes you use one at a time.
    but if you use as a username and password then you dont have to attach Mac address and can use on any device without performing a reset.
    Last edited by Ryu; 06-06-2021 at 03:30 AM.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    but if you use as a username and password then you dont have to attach Mac address and can use on anytime device with performing a reset.
    This only works with Dreamlink and Formuler boxes thou.
    I do not think any other box would have this ability. I have tried a few devices but with no success.
    The Mag device does not even have an option to add credentials (username/password).
    I have tried with devices that do carry the option, but seems only the dreamlinks or formulers can function this way.

It is a great option thou and allows easy switching between connection options, and I do take advantage of it often when using either of the two devices mentioned. As an example, when I play with edited/modified Playlists, I use the Dreamlink and add credentials and remove MAC from server. Then I can switch between the methods with ease

edwing, if you are still having issues with changing that MAC, please send me a Private message with details and I can see about getting it done for you.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    This only works with Dreamlink and Formuler boxes thou.
    I do not think any other box would have this ability. I have tried a few devices but with no success.
    The Mag device does not even have an option to add credentials (username/password).
    I have tried with devices that do carry the option, but seems only the dreamlinks or formulers can function this way.

It is a great option thou and allows easy switching between connection options, and I do take advantage of it often when using either of the two devices mentioned. As an example, when I play with edited/modified Playlists, I use the Dreamlink and add credentials and remove MAC from server. Then I can switch between the methods with ease

edwing, if you are still having issues with changing that MAC, please send me a Private message with details and I can see about getting it done for you.
    yes crazed you are correct and I was giving guest some hints how to take a advantage of other devices like dreamlink and formuler but you are too smart and picked it quick lol
    hope guest knows what to do now or what to get lol

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    yes crazed you are correct and I was giving guest some hints how to take a advantage of other devices like dreamlink and formuler but you are too smart and picked it quick lol
    hope guest knows what to do now or what to get lol
    You do not ever need to explain yourself to me bud.
    You are awesome in all that you do here my friend
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    You do not ever need to explain yourself to me bud.
    You are awesome in all that you do here my friend
    thank you my friend

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    and NO Reply from the OP Yet...?!?
    WWJD...!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast