Bluetooth is not working after Update

I have 2 dreamlink t2 prime. Updated both today (4/26), and updates went well, and seemed okay, but noticed that my bluetooth is not working now on either box, and reverts to off when I leave bluetooth selection under android system heading, and on bluetooth setting. I use the Bluetooth extensively since I am partly deaf and I am able to hook up To Bluetooth headphones, as well as use a Bluetooth keyboard. Otherwise I wouldn’t even worry about it. Thanks for any help.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    did you try to unpair the device and pair it up again ?

or maybe delete the bluetooth app and re-install it
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-27-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

bluetooth issue

Thanks Crazed! Their doesn't appear to be any particular "app" for bluetooth on my Dreamlink T2 Prime. It's under the system heading, and in settings, you can turn it on, or off. When you click the bluetooth on, it shows all the bluetooth devices nearby. It doesn't do that now since the update. Even when I click on, while nothing shows up, when I go back to settings and look at he bluetooth item heading, it continues to show "disabled". I can't imagine I'm the only one experiencing this, but since I use it all the time, I'd hope that there would be enough feedback to maybe have a hot fix or something like that. I've got 3 dreamlinks, 2 are t2prime, and other is a t1. All updated yesterday, and all the same issue. Everything else works smoothly as expected. Hoping someone can help with this... thanks.. Frobisher.

I just now connected a T1+ here and see the Bluetooth and this one shows it is turning on and then it goes off and then back to turning on and then off and stays off.
    I do not have any active Bluetooth devices in my house thou., so I may get different results.

T1+
    Firmware Version: 2.9.2
    IPTV Version: 2.10

I have not had this T1+ online in a few days and I see there is a release waiting to load (April 26), same one mentioned above.
    Firmware Version: 2.9.9

Does not say anything in the Release notes about Bluetooth thou.
    Gonna install it now.

I will keep on this till maybe get some answers for us.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-27-2021 at 11:35 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by frobisher View Post
    I've got 3 dreamlinks, 2 are t2 prime, and other is a t1
    All updated yesterday.
    What are the Firmware and the IPTV versions on these boxes?

Open the Update option and that will show the current versions.
    - Frank Zappa

Firmware v1.3.9
    IPTV version v2.0.10. On t2pr

Firmware V2.9.9
    IPTV v2.0.10 on t1p

PS. I never had the Bluetooth working on the T one, only on both of the t2 prime

Quote Originally Posted by frobisher View Post
    Firmware v1.3.9
    IPTV version v2.0.10. On t2pr

Firmware V2.9.9
    IPTV v2.0.10 on t1p

PS. I never had the Bluetooth working on the T one, only on both of the t2 prime
    Okay I sent this into the techs ... I do not know when I will get an response, but they will at least know that something is messed up since the update.
    I am off to work now but will check on things in a few hours.
    - Frank Zappa

okay just a second.. I checked just now before I shut things down and the tech tried using this same Bluetooth on his device and it is working for him, and he did the recent Update as well.

I sent you a private link with the video showing his Updated firmware and the Bluetooth working
    - Frank Zappa