Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3900 vs 4900

TV Addicted

3900 vs 4900

Love my 3900's and have read the spec upgrade for the 4900, for anyone who upgraded from the 3900 to the 4900 did you notice a big difference other than screen design layout?

I dont have either of them but just alone processor can tell the big difference
    but 4900 also have better and new OS, storage..etc
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

and why would they go backwards cant see that

TV Addicted
    I get the whole "faster processor" and "more storage", but what can these boxes really do that the older ones can't? What new "features" do they have? Faster processor...so what?? My slower processor runs Kodi and all the other apps, displays video/audio, runs channels from an IPTV service, etc. etc.. The storage memory of my older box holds all the apps that's worth anything for a TV streaming box. With the added micro SD card all recordings and downloads don't take up internal storage memory.

With that said, unless there are new features in these newer boxes then in reality, what's the point? I want to know what these new boxes can do that the old ones can't. What new features do they have that the old ones don't.

Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    I get the whole "faster processor" and "more storage", but what can these boxes really do that the older ones can't? What new "features" do they have? Faster processor...so what?? My slower processor runs Kodi and all the other apps, displays video/audio, runs channels from an IPTV service, etc. etc.. The storage memory of my older box holds all the apps that's worth anything for a TV streaming box. With the added micro SD card all recordings and downloads don't take up internal storage memory.

With that said, unless there are new features in these newer boxes then in reality, what's the point? I want to know what these new boxes can do that the old ones can't. What new features do they have that the old ones don't.
    new box has new version of the buzz tv app.
    new version of the app does let you record and watch different channel.
    new box does have improved network interface.
    new box lets you connect you with Manny servers via different method.

now is not that enough? ok maybe not to you but theres many out there it does a lot to them. and theres not a lot like you.
    this may not help you but hope this will help OP
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Warrior
    record a show and use an app
    record a show and watch another channel
    with more features coming

Warrior
    c and p from kenkell
    I have a Shield Pro and put it in the den last night. My Shield runs Tivimate also. I got y Buzz 4900 yesterday and after setting it up without a single problem I decided this will stay in our living room. My wife LOVES it....thank god lol.
    I put Tivimate on it as well as Kodi with the Doomsday Aspire build and IpVanish and I am going to say the Buzz is faster then my shield. You can use Tivimate or the BuzzTv App which works very well. With the click of a button you can change servers seemlessly or watch a PVR recoding or watch VOD etc etc. I also recorded a show last night to see how that worked and it was also flawless. I even hooked up a wireless Keyboard/mouse to the Buzz4900 and that also worked with out a single problem. So far I can not speak high enough about the Buzz4900. I haven't had it freeze or crash with all the crap I installed on it yesterday lol. The remote is a very good size as well and the backlit buttons are pretty cool. I really believe that Buzz has made a box that can contend with the Nvidia Shield only I find the Buzz4900 smoother to operate. One other thing....I find the picture extremely clear as well as the sound.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    new box has new version of the buzz tv app.
    new version of the app does let you record and watch different channel.
    new box does have improved network interface.
    new box lets you connect you with Manny servers via different method.

now is not that enough? ok maybe not to you but theres many out there it does a lot to them. and theres not a lot like you.
    this may not help you but hope this will help OP
    It's not a question of whether I think that's enough. The question was what features do the new boxes have that the old ones don't. You have answered that question. All I ever see posted is processor power or lots of memory but never what the box actually does.

Being able to record one channel while watching another is a nice feature. However, does this feature require you to have two subscriptions to the server? Recording one channel while watching another may trigger the server to block you thinking two devices are connecting when you only have one sub. If that's the case then this feature may be impractical for most as purchasing a second sub may not be an option.

Improved network interface... Not sure what that means. Older box connects to the network fine now, so...

Old box allows connection with 10 servers. does the new box allow 20 servers?

I read this box also has picture in picture. Good feature for sports fans (can't think of any other reason picture in picture would be useful). Does picture in picture also require a second sub in order to watch one channel full screen and the second channel on the small window screen?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Not sure how many servers but the server setup is different in that with the 4900, there are 3 areas to enter setups. Each would have at least 10 and prolly more. I have not tried adding more then a few as yet.
    There are a few more features that these 4000 series have that the 3000 series don't.
    The way the favorites can be displayed is another feature that is different.
    They have the ability to choose from 3 and 4 different Home screens, with each unique in it's own way.
    You can browse around on the Home screen while still viewing a channel thru a small window (the PiP window). This is no big deal in itself but what this does is allows the connection to LiveTV to stay active while you check something on Home screen. I found that handy when I was testing something, but forget what tat was just now.

There are other features , but the most important feature of all is that the box will get updates/upgrades while the discontinued boxes will not.

The older boxes work fine and do not need an upgrade to address anything (or anything critical anyway), but if you are in the market for a box, it would be ideal to purchase a new model over an older one

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Loving the 3900 it work brilliantly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast