Junoir Member

remote keyboard or APP for my phone

hi
    I just got my Global media box 4K and i love it .. except for having to use the hunt and peck of the remote controllers keyboard for searches.. I am wondering if anyone has hooked up one of those hand held keyboards via bluetooth or found an app for a samsung phone to allow me to type instead of using the remote that came with the 4K?? any help is appreciated!!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsrule9 View Post
    hi
    I just got my Global media box 4K and i love it .. except for having to use the hunt and peck of the remote controllers keyboard for searches.. I am wondering if anyone has hooked up one of those hand held keyboards via bluetooth or found an app for a samsung phone to allow me to type instead of using the remote that came with the 4K?? any help is appreciated!!
    I don't think the Global is Bluetooth capable, is it ?
    A USB connected keyboard would work, or just a Mouse connected remotely via USB , would help out greatly with KB functions.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    It is bluetooth enabled and it sees my phone but I cant get the phone keyboard to work with the 4K. I was just looking at little iptv android keyboards on best buy. I could just buy one and return it if it's not a good fit I guess

i have very cheap 5 dollar kb and it works on many boxes and that box has Bluetooth so i would say yea
    Last edited by Marley; 03-30-2021 at 04:06 AM.

Code:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-2-4G-Wireless-Keyboard-Remote-Control-Backlight-for-Smart-TV-Android-TV-Box/173344526554?epid=5035923937&hash=item285c2390da:g:6ngAAOSwcOVbEKiF
    Those work good.

Junoir Member
    Thanks everyone. I have a USB mouse which works great. U did not want to have a big keyboard in my family room... anyway. Thanks again for your replies