TV Addicted

Downloading EPG for M3U Playlist doesn't work

I have found it to be impossible to download the EPG in the BuzzTV 2 app when using the M3U Playlist. I thought at first it was this server just not feeding the data but after trying other third party EPG URL's and trying other 3rd party services and third party software such as Perfect Player, it is in fact the BuzzTV 2 app that will not download the guide when using a playlist. You get a perpetual "loading EPG..." message.

I know Buzz is focused on the what seems like hundreds of new boxes that all basically do the same function, but are there any plans in the works to update existing boxes to fix bugs in the software? Is there possibly some step I may be missing or a trick to get the EPG to load when using the M3U Playlist?

I'm having the same loading Problem, but it hangs on loading the movie listings.
    *recommend you make a Local m3u with just the TV items, and use alternate guide source.

Just FYI
    /Shooty

Warrior
    Delete Delete Delete
    Last edited by suport; 05-31-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    They fixed some issues concerning m3u setups with all the 4000 series models.The file for the fix has not been released publicly yet, but I have been beta testing it a few days now.
    I do not know if they will be looking at the 3000 series.
    I will dig mine out and try these m3u functions on it and then will report results to the Team.
    I can not promise anything as for results, but I can try.

suport, your thread was indeed deleted.
    Comparing the 4900 model to a 12 dollar android is unacceptable and I did tell you that. So the result was that the thread was deleted.
    You are a respected member here at iptvtalk suport and that goes double for how I feel about you, but you did step over the line with that 12 dollar android comment
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    They fixed some issues concerning m3u setups with all the 4000 series models.The file for the fix has not been released publicly yet, but I have been beta testing it a few days now.
    I do not know if they will be looking at the 3000 series.
    I will dig mine out and try these m3u functions on it and then will report results to the Team.
    I can not promise anything as for results, but I can try.
    Just an FYI, ...Reply speed today is still the same at approx. 30kb./sec.
    *m3u playlist size - 5.1mb.
    *Full panel_api request return size - 8.4mb. (What is requested by MOL/DOL apps., stb emu, or similar apps, upon startup).

Do the math!

Nowhere will you see download speeds of 30kb/sec, ...for anything!
    "Remember 14400 bps modems?"
    Ex; Click to see a small picture, ...wait 10 to 15 seconds.

**FYI- Other apps may handle the startup differently, so may operate more quickly, but on the Buzz 3000, you cannot start to watch TV, for example, until the Channels, then the VOD listings, then the EPG, loads completely.
    /Shooty