3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb 3 New Lifeforms Discovered on Space Station...

3 New Lifeforms Discovered on Space Station

THREE entirely new lifeforms have been discovered at different locations onboard the International Space Station.

A team of US and Indian scientists studied four strains of bacteria found on the orbiting lab, and say that three were previously unknown to science. Their discovery could help future astronauts grow food on missions into deep space, researchers wrote in the journal Frontiers in Microbiology. Three of the strains were collected by astronauts in 2015 and 2016.

One was in an overhead panel in a research lab, the second in the station’s Cupola viewing deck, and the third on the crew’s dining table. The fourth strain was captured from an old cabin air filter that was returned to Earth ten years ago. Working with Nasa, researchers from the University of Southern California identified that the bacteria belonged to the family Methylobacteriaceae.

The tiny organisms all belong to a "good" family of bacteria found in soil and freshwater here on Earth. They're are involved in nitrogen fixation processes, plant growth, and in fighting plant pathogens.

Code:
     https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/te...iscovered-iss/ 
    WWJD...!!!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    very interesting indeed !!
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    WWJD...!!!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    lol..I remember that 'Deep Space Nine' episode
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

All from the "good" bacteria family............hummm
    "Glass Half Full Always"