Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

BuzzTV XRS4900 unboxing

I had received notice of an incoming parcel and it arrived today.

I have unboxed other BuzzTV products and have been impressed with the Team's effort they do take in packing their products. It is impressive and much appreciated. I expected to see some of the same with this new model and I was not disappointed
    When you first open the Box you are greeted with that 'special' shock absorbent material in the form of a Mouse Pad.
    That's right, they have used a Mouse Pad as a barrier for it's shock absorbent value and at same time throwing in a useful item, such as that Pad.
    Then lift that out and you will see other areas where they use this same shock absorbent material.

I am always impressed with the time and thought taken in with the Team's effort they do with packing their products
    Check the thread linked below for more on that
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...the-Buzz-about

The XRS4900 also has a small envelope type slot attached to thee inner side of the front box cover. In there you will find a Thank-You note.
    There is also a User Manual found there as well.
    AND also there might be acouple BUZZTV stickiers in there, so look carefully

The Power source is 12V DC 1.5 amps, be sure not to accidentally use a lower voltage adapter.
    It shows that on the power adapter itself and also on the underside of the buzz device.
    There are some devices which do use the lower voltage adapter, so tag your adapters accordingly

The MAC also shows on the underside of the device and as well on the outside of the Box cover. That MAC is the device's MAC and not the IPTV MAC.
    They are not so much different thou. And I am sure the IPTV MAC can be found in one of the BuzzTV onboard menus.

Along with the 128 GB eMMC memory, the Buzz device also come with an internal slot for a SATA connection (2.5" SATA hard drive), found in a covered area on the underside of the device .
    These are the same hard drive connections you can find inside your Laptops.

The Buzz 4900 device is approx double the height of the previous 4000 and 4500 models. This is due to the internal slot and the area used for a SATA hard drive (HDD/SSD).

Connection ports/slots on the box include ...

3x USB
    TF card slot
    USB-C -next generation from type 3
    AV
    Ethernet
    HDMI 2.1
    Optical
    Power
    HDD/SSD -enclosed slot

The Remote is included of course (RCU) and an HDMI cable.
    I am leaving the RCU packed and will be using another Buzz remote I already have operational. I think I must have one of each by now, including the BackLite and the ARQ RCUs

Okay, so that was the unboxing. I am now going to just look at this packaging a while longer before I connect the box.
    Very impressed so far
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-19-2021 at 10:37 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    The 4900 remote is slightly different It has power and volume buttons for your tv as well

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    The 4900 remote is slightly different It has power and volume buttons for your tv as well

I still have not connected the device yet. I been just looking at it all this time and now I gotta head out to work.
    Will do some extensive testing asap
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

wow lucky you well have a fun and let us know about the performance boss. I dont have any doubts but still want to know more about the monster or state of the art device
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

BuzzTV XRS4900 let's have a look inside

Front display's power indicator light
    -blue light = ON
    -red light = OFF

The device powers up and proceeds thru it's opening splash screen quickly, more so then I have seen other models go thru this start up.
    The Animation sequence is pretty cool. It shows the Buzz Icon/Emblem being formed from molten iron, similar to the scenes in them Terminator movies.

After initial power up, we are prompted to 'pair' the BlueTooth remote control unit (RCU).
    Directions are shown on-screen.

If you want to use your RCU in IR mode, then press the Back button on the RCU and this will initiate a Cancel process.
    "At the moment your RCU is in IR state. By cancelling the Bluetooth pairing it will stay in IR mode"

You can pair the Bluetooth at a later time, thru a function found in the onboard menus.

Next we will be taken thru a few initial settings
    -Language
    -Timezone
    -Resolution
    -Screen Size
    -Configure Network

If you are going to be using a WiFi connection, proceed with the on-screen prompts.

If you are going to be using a hardwired Ethernet connection, then go ahead and connect that now.
    Then watch the screen as it recognizes the connection.
    I have noticed again the speed of these functions.... this process of recognizing the Ethernet connection and proceeding to next screen is super fast, as compared to other setups on previous models or brand boxes.

You then will be finished this initial set-up and be taken to the BuzzTV Home/Launcher screen.
    It should be defaulted to the BuzzTV Modern Home screen. You can change that by opening the BuzzTV Utilities shortcut, found on the Home screen.
    Once in the Utilities menu, you will see the option to change the Home screen..
    There are 4 choices.

1. BuzzTV Classic
    2. BuzzTV Media Player
    3. BuzzTV Media Player 2
    4. BuzzTV Modern

-Classic was first seen as the default Home/Launcher for the original xpl3000 BuzzTV models, and perhaps earlier models..
    While in this mode, to access the Home screen function again, scroll to the far right.
    Settings > Utilities > Home Screen

-Media Player was first seen as one of the Home screens with the 4000 and 4500 models.
    While in this mode, to access the Home screen function again, scroll up and highlight the Settings shortcut icon. The Icon looks like that familiar gear type picture we see on these androids.
    Settings > BuzzTV Utilities > Home Screen

-Media Player 2 gives the look of the familiar Android Home screen seen on many generic Android devices. There is a name for the original Home screen that had this look, but I forget at this time what that was.
    While in this mode, to access the Home screen function again it had me a bit puzzled at first. You can not highlight nor use a mouse to click on the 'gear' icon, but I did finally see how to do this.
    On the Home screen, you will be looking at a collection of shortcuts options. Shown at the far right side on the bottom row is an Add option (which allows adding more shortcuts to your Home screen). There is nothing seen to the right of this shortcut but scroll right anyway and a Settings menu will open.
    BuzzTV Utilities > Home Screen

-BuzzTV Modern
    I do not know why but this mode is perhaps my favorite. Perhaps it is the cool night time screen shot it shows in the background. Or could be how the shortcuts are setup on this Home screen. The Utilities shortcut is there in plain view.
    What ever the reason may be, I do prefer this Home screen.
    BuzzTV Utilities > Home Screen

Apps onboard by default
    -App Installer - can be used to 'sideload' an app.
    -Aptoide TV
    -BuzzTV5
    -Chrome
    -Clock - a clock
    -File Browser -manage content from an external HardDrive. You can use this to play movies, view pictures, sideload apps and more.
    -Gallery
    -Google
    -Google Playstore
    -Miracast
    -Netflix -Version 7.89.0 / Build 18 35322
    -Teamviewer
    -VLC -Media Player
    -Ytube

I think why I prefer the 'Modern' Home/Launcher option is partly because of the Settings menu layout.
    Settings is found on the Home screen as a shortcut.

Settings are shown separated by categories
    -Advanced Settings
    -Device Preferences
    -BuzzTV Utilities
    -Apps

Some of the individual settings can be found on the Home screen shown as shortcuts., along with all of them found thru the Settings shortcut.
    So have an explore in that Settings shortcut found on Home screen

to be continued ......

Modern Home screen
    While viewing a LiveTV channel, you can bring up the Home screen by using the Home button on your RCU.
    Once the Home screen appears, you will still see that same LiveTV channel playing in a small window.
    Seen on Home screen, while the LiveTV shortcut is highlighted, press OK button to go directly back to full screen OR press the 'stop play' button, which removes that small window and also exits LiveTV, while still showing the Home Screen.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-20-2021 at 05:46 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

as always thats awesome info crazed 9.6. thank you very much
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.