TV Addicted

Are These Still Good For IPTV??

Forgive my "noob-ness", but I have had a MAG254 for many years, I then upgraded my box at home to a Dreamlike T3 which is just amazing. I am currently overseas and brought my MAG with me but never tried to put the service on it since I last used it early 2020. I have an opportunity to get an Nvidia Shield TV Pro. I remember they used to he highly rated for IPTV etc but I'm wondering if they're still good for that even now? The service I'll most likely be running is NFPS.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Nvidia Shield was never really rated as the best for IPTV
    The thing was that when the Sheild was first seen on the market, there was pretty much no such thing as a dedicated iptv box , like that Dreamlink T3
    The mag boxes may have been the only reel choice for a dedicated IPTV box (in western Hemisphere anyway).
    But with the correct application any Android will do. The Nvidia Shield is a very powerful Android so that is why it may have been considered the best. But truthfully it is all in the application at how good the experience is with IPTV directly.
    And of course with that Sheild being so powerful, will always help when it comes to loading speeds and etc

You could run IPTV (NFPS) thru the Nvidia in a few different ways (different applications).
    - IPTVXtra created and maintained by kens/Shooty from here at iptvtalk.
    - STB EMU, run thru Kodi or sideloaded from an .apk file version of the app.
    - Kokaleka TV app, sideloaded from an .apk file as well.

The Nvidia will be capable of sideloading these apps thru their .apk carriers or using Kodi and its abilities to run apps

http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?204-IPTVXtra
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...es-Kokaleka-TV
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-08-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

it works but ones i talk too still run iptv box from here they say for other stuff it nice box

The Nvidia Shield is a very versatile android box.......I have run Kokaleka TV app for a few years with it for my IPTV....works well...plus the Nvidia will do Netflix HD and 4K ....without a hitch.......so many apps unlike other android or IPTV boxes ..nvidia does not need the mouse function to navigate .................

well it do iso and big blue ray files what i hear it cant do that or am i wrong this is all pirate stuff im talking about if get what i mean

you can watch them in 3d, ripped them in half side by side or top and bottom in .mkv or .mp4 and use a usb storage

Nvidia Shield TV has no direct support for 3D Blu-ray ISO files just the same with apple tv