Thread: Hiding channels

Hiding channels

Guys today i was playin around with my xrs4500, i tought of hiding channels by organise categories making none visible Locked channels thinking they would be skipped on my list but they still there on d list...is there a special way ?cause on category every list i make none visible they do get removed xcept locked channels

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benfica1 View Post
    Guys today i was playin around with my xrs4500, i tought of hiding channels by organise categories making none visible Locked channels thinking they would be skipped on my list but they still there on d list...is there a special way ?cause on category every list i make none visible they do get removed xcept locked channels
    not sure I follow what you are referring too Benfica , but I will investigate this when I can... After nascar today
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-28-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

U know where we hide categories ?
    These are my steps: on a channel
    -press ok (list pops up)
    -hit left (hit green)
    -organize categories (list will open)
    -locked channels is available to hide
    its what i do but the locked channels do not hide when this choice is clicked... 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Benfica1 View Post
    U know where we hide categories ?
    These are my steps: on a channel
    -press ok (list pops up)
    -hit left (hit green)
    -organize categories (list will open)
    -locked channels is available to hide
    its what i do but the locked channels do not hide when this choice is clicked... 😎
    before I try any investigating (cause nascar is on ) .. look at the recent release notes from a few releases back, and see if anything is mentioned that may be related
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I will...i am just wondering if its me doing something wrong never know...i will wait and see of u at ur end get same result, would be nice to hide thru locking the channels

okay , yes I see the same .
    I locked a few channels and then set the Locked channels to Invisible, but they are still showing in the side bar EPG and the main EPG
    Hiding the Categories itself works, but does not work to hide Locked channels from the EPG view.
    I also tried hiding Favorites but they also did not hide in the EPG.

Seems to be a glitch not yet fixed or known about.
    I checked some release notes but saw no mention of it.
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    not sure it was ever meant to hide individual channels
    Maybe hide the all category because I hid everything except favs and thats all i have in guide

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    not sure it was ever meant to hide individual channels
    Maybe hide the all category because I hid everything except favs and thats all i have in guide
    yes u soo right...i will do as u say maybe on a future update wh knows thanks for the quick reply guys !!