Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Looking for new box.

I currently have a Mag 254 that is not working to great and I am thinking of upgrading. I am leaning towards a Dreamlink T2 or T3. Which would you recommend and why. Or if there is another route you would go, lets hear it.

Jack

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The T3 is Dreamlink's newest model.

It is rather advanced compared to the T2

MOL2 onboard in place of the DOL1
    Server connection can be done in multiple ways.
    M3U playback and functionality is fantastic.
    User preferences are awesome.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFuQ-JlSsM&list=PLCYzZCALGrYdMBZO-IyEbHPvxGz4cWdBM
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    I looked at the url you posted and a few more besides. Looks like I am going to have a steep learning curve but what an upgrade from a Mag 254. lol

Jack

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jack View Post
    I looked at the url you posted and a few more besides. Looks like I am going to have a steep learning curve but what an upgrade from a Mag 254. lol

Jack
    The T3 Sticky Threads here on site will help
    Its not as difficult to setup as it my seem. In fact it is easier then your Mag

To connect to a server for instance , all you have to do is attach the MAC to your code at the service website. Perform a reset there at the website. And then add the server URL into the server setup menu on the T3 and that's it. It will connect.

For a second method to connect... You can add credentials (username and password) into the T3 server setup menu and then with credentials added, you would NOT need to attach the MAC to your code. It will connect
    This second method is ideal too if you also want to use an M3u playlists from the service, because you would not need to delete the MAC, which has to be done when using m3u playlists... but since the credentials are used and no MAC was attached, you are one step ahead.

Playlists are nice because you can add an EPG source other then what the service supplies. You can create two (or more) Playlist setups and have two different EPG sources and just a click of a couple buttons you can switch between the two playlist setups and also quickly switch back to the Credentials mehod as well.

easy peasy
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-26-2021 at 03:55 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

most any boxes is easier to setup then mag but get latest ones if you can

TV Addicted
    Well, I pulled the trigger. A new T3 is on it's way to me. Should be here in a few days. Thanks for your input guy's. Looks like I will be doing some reading this weekend.

Jack

you,ll be very happy with it

good choice
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    The new T3 arrived yesterday. I had it up and running pretty quick. Very easy setup as it did most of the stuff for me. After that it was just answer the questions properly as far as passwords and such go and I was watching TV. I must say it is a lot better than a Mag 254. Now to learn what else it can do.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jack

glad you got your new toy. have a fun bud
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast