Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starlink ??

TV Addicted

Starlink ??

Not sure if this is the right forum so those in charge can move if needed please.

I am asking if anyone has any info on the Starlink internet that is in beta testing now and taking pre-orders.

I am actually hoping that if enough people switch I wont have to then between the hours of 6-9 pm things wont lock up on me or buffer

They say they don't over subscbibe but I beg to differ

As far as I am concerned Your internet should be sold and based on a guaranteed minimum speed not a maximun speed that cant be maintained when all there subscribers get online the same time.

Anyway wondering if Starlink is going to work right or end up with more of the same with what I have now

Have preached this to users for years.
    * ...and agree that the sales pitch is deceptive, and should not be allowed unless the min. speed is also listed in Bold text and size equal to the max. speed possible.

fyi... Equipment cost $499 & $99/mo. (US$)

/Shooty
    Last edited by Shooty; 02-24-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Yea, Starlink posted their low and high speeds, which will vary between 50 MB/s and 150 MB/s and to be increased to 300 MB/s in the future... but they also posted that there will be downtime with no connectivity at all.
    They do say --> 'During the Beta testing'

-C/P
    The company is currently rolling out its beta service both domestically and internationally, with plans to reach “near-global coverage of the populated world in 2021.

During [the] beta, users can expect to see data speeds vary from 50 Mb/s to 150 Mb/s and latency from 20ms to 40sm in most locations over the next several months.
    There will also be brief periods of no connectivity at all.

Data speed, latency, and uptime are expected to improve dramatically as the company boosts its infrastructure.
    -end C/P

Code:
    https://www.starlink.com/
    Calling all testers !
    What say you ?

That's pretty steep price for rental Shooty , damn
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-24-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Calling all testers !
    What say you ?
    Sorry Me friend, but, But, BUTT, not even if You Approve it and I'm Certain You Won't...!!! Good Catch Tho...!!
    WWJD...!!!

TV Addicted
    Hardware
    $649.00

Service
    $129.00 /mo

Shipping & Handling
    $65.00

Est. Tax
    $107.10

Due Today

$129.00

This is the exact Canadian $ order form you get to fill out for the Starlink service

Junoir Member
    As far as I know, data rates can range from 50 Mbit/s to 200 Mbit/s, and delays range from 15 ms to 40 ms. The connection may be lost for some time. The cost of the connection and the equipment kit is $499. Monthly fee - $99.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by typhil01 View Post
    As far as I know, data rates can range from 50 Mbit/s to 200 Mbit/s, and delays range from 15 ms to 40 ms. The connection may be lost for some time. The cost of the connection and the equipment kit is $499. Monthly fee - $99.
    ???

See Post #2 for Cost...!!!

See Post #3 for Speed...!!

See Post #3 for Uptime...!
    WWJD...!!!

Junoir Member
    Yes, I saw it - I just looked it up on another resource and decided to confirm it

a lot of people have no idea what it even is ....... i didn't see any info on it here so i decided to put some here .....

c/p self

Who or what is StarLink ?

Code:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlink

Main Website below :

Code:
    https://www.starlink.com/

Review Video Below :

Code:
    https://youtu.be/_9MLaGvmz9o

Speed Specs below And Q and A's :

Code:
    https://www.whistleout.com/Internet/Guides/fiber-internet-vs-starlink-satellite-internet

Pretty good for those in remote areas , i " think " :thumbsup:

c/p end

c/p terryl from/source : else-where

The ISS is 254 miles up, way below those things.

And here is a look see at where they all are, and you are correct, they are not geosynchronous satellites....This is why they need so many.

Code:
    https://heavens-above.com/StarLink.aspx?lat=38.4794&lng=-116.4771&loc=Unnamed&alt=0&tz=PST

select the location in blue at the top right, locate your location and update it, this will give you an idea on whats over you.

Last night we saw the last sky train go over,(the latest launch, and they haven't dispersed yet) it was a great show, it will be back around 7:55 to 8:10 PM pacific time tonight at my location.

c/p end

video is from 2020

guess people are freaking out else-where ... source :

Code:
    https://myvalleynews.com/blog/2021/05/13/starlink-satellite-train-appears-in-anza-skies/

knowledge is power , power corrupts all .

get active
    Personally, I think its a great option for those those who live in remote, isolated areas where there is no internet service and they have to have it. If I owned a business, I'd link it to the business and use it as a tax deductible which would be a win, win, win for any subscriber who is thinking about getting a business license to sell fresh air to anyone who wants to buy it. If you need a way to get something at the governments expense, open a business and benefit through self entitlements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast