Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fire From Within

Roll call for 2021 Nascar

I need an idea if there is enough interest in doing a pool again. I'd rather just watch the races, myself, without the stress of getting the results out for the season, and would just like to do occasional races, or make it simple based on a single pick.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I won't be able to sponser diecasts this year due to loose of income thru this last year and who knows what is in store for the future.

I have not yet fulfilled my commitment from last year's winners and I feel horrible about that but as I mentioned, my income went from approx 4 thousand per month down to just a little over 1000 per month, which barely gets me by.

My sincere apologies about all this
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    What-ever is Decided, 4me will go along with it...!!! Maybee just for Bragging Rights...Lol...!! Just like Playing the Game...! waroom, Waroom, ZOOM...!!!
    WWJD...!!!

We could simply have thread dedicated for each race with discussion... and of course we could make a pic on who we like to win.

We could have a nascar pool member of the week sort of thing for those who pic correctly.
    We would not need the full thread with the starting line ups or the pics recorded and etc... just something for the fun of it all.

I will be enjoying each and every race.... unless my internet gets cut off
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

sorry to hear that about your income. sure we can play for fun and im sure members who are still waiting for their diecast won't mind if they can just leave the things alone and play this year without diecast. I will appreciate those members for understanding as things has changed world wide due to pandemic.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Thnx Ryu, But I do count myself as lucky. There are far more people worse off then me.
    That is just concerning economic concerns, let alone health concerns.
    Dara had gone thru some serious health issues last year with heart problems. I was surprised to see dara able to continue thru with the Pool the way he did.
    Thnx alot for that dara
    - Frank Zappa

definitily he has done wonderful job. Thank you Dara.
    I agree with you crazed lots of people gone bad shape as for economically which I have seen with my own eyes and still dont believe it.

well if winners still wants diecast then im willing to donate and if other member wants to donate too and help you get them diecasts if they want
    you guys do outstanding job for us and sure in return we can contribute anything we can. I can provide prepaid gift card with few $$
    lt us know and dont hesitate as we are one greta community
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

i just like to do it for fun part

Ambassador
    Ye old crazed one, I sincerely hope you know not to worry about a die cast for me. I understand completely. My income has been reduced by about 50%.Whatever is decided about a pool or whatever, I'm good with.

so good to hear from you old buddy
    You made my day a whole lot brighter... and my days recently have been a bit of a bummer.

thnx
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast