Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

StreamPro - some functions explained

Initial Power Up
    After power up, you may experience it seemingly stuck on the initial StreamPro splash screen and also the next StreamPro screen as well, BUT its not stuck thou, it just takes a few seconds longer then expected.

Next you will need to select a few initial settings, as per shown below...
    -Language
    -TimeZone
    -Resolution
    -Screen Size
    -Connect to WiFi

You must connect the WiFi now in order to proceed. But if you simply connect the Ethernet cable now, then once the box senses the connection, the screen will switch to the finish of the initial setup.

Next you will be taken to the Home/Launcher screen and Chrome Browser app will begin it's install, followed by the Netflix app.
    Let these install, and if wanted you can always un-install these at a later time.

There will also be a firmware update for your NEW StreamPro G1 box. This update is needed, let it proceed.

The Launcher screen should show a few apps onboard.
    Click on the All Apps to see the list of user apps onboard.

While on Launcher screen use the Settings button on the RCU to bring up a sidebar android menu.
    Here you will see a list of things to explore.
    There is an apps option there too and opening that will give you an entire list of apps onboard. Here for instance we can open the Google Play services app and set Permissions. That would be things like location ON or OFF and etc, etc...
    In this Apps category, we can also un-install user apps here.

Back on the Launcher screen we can use the + icon to add apps to our Launcher screen.
    Click it to open and see which apps we have onboard for adding.

StreamPro Emu can be seen here on Launcher screen. that is your iptv app.
    It is the Mag250 emulation.
    We will talk about that below in the Server setup portion of this page.

The settings button on the RCU seems to be the only way to access the onboard Android Settings.

Factory Data Reset
    Use the Settings button on your remote control.
    Settings > Storage & Reset > Factory Data Reset

This will erase all data from your device's internal storage, including any google accounts, system and app data and settings and downloaded apps.

System will reboot after selecting the Reset.
    After the reboot, you may experience it seemingly stuck on the initial StreamPro splash screen and also the next StreamPro screen as well, BUT its not stuck thou, it just takes a few seconds longer then expected.

If your network was setup thru WiFi you will need to re-enter that WiFi password, or have an Ethernet connection.

Next you will be taken directly to Home/Launcher screen and the Chrome Browser will start it's install, followed by the Netflix app install.

-This reset function will delete all your installed apps. Any apps that you yourself installed will be deleted but the apps that were already onboard will remain.
    -This reset function will delete any server setups that may have been previously setup.
    You will have to re-do any server setups.
    -This reset function will delete any saved WiFi passwords.
    You will have to re-do any WiFi setups.

Server Setup
    First thing we want to do is find the MAC ID which is needed to be attached to your iptv code.
    Flip the StreamPro upside down and there is a stickier there with the MAC ID shown.
    The MAC shown is the StreamPro device's MAC, which is not the same as the MAC needed for IPTV.
    The onboard IPTV program, which is the Stalker emulation, would have it's own MAC ID.

But as is the case with most receivers, the last six digits and/or letters will be the same with both of these MAC IDs

For example,
    if the stickier shows a MAC c4e4a23f2b4d
    While the IPTV MAC would be 00:1a:79:3f:2b:4d

See the last 6 digits are the same, while the first 6 were changed and with the colons added.

Those first 6 digits for an IPTV MAC will always be the same 00:1a:79 and with the device's last 6 added.
    That holds true with most all IPTV dedicated receivers (with an IPTV platform onboard).

But in any case, to see your IPTV MAC with your own eyes, here's how....
    While viewing the Launcher screen, open the StreamPro Emu shortcut. Then the next screen you should see will have 4 Portals and all of which should show as 'empty'.
    At the bottom is the Settings and Exit functions.
    Open the Settings.
    Here you will see the same 4 empty Portals but with the heading named as Properties.
    And above that is your IPTV MAC ID

Okay that was a alot of explanation, but now you know about these MACs, if you did not know before

Now log onto your code at the respective website and attach that MAC to your code.
    Once attached and saved, then go back and log on again and perform an IPTV Reset to your code (sometimes this step is not necessary, but I do it regardless, while I have the website open).

Next thing is to have your server URL handy.

examples of a URL = p1.iptvrocket.ru -OR- p6.iptvprivateserver.ru

Open the StreamPro Emu again and open Settings and this time highlight and open Portal 1
    Use the onscreen keyboard (KB) and enter the server URL.
    You will notice the http prefix is already added there, so simply add the rest of the URL onto that.
    There is that green arrow Enter key seen on the KB which is used to proceed. But do not use that.
    You can if you want to see what happens or I can tell you what will happen
    It will open another line just below your URL line and that would be where other description info would be added.
    I am not sure what that would be thou as I added a few digits (my password) there and then tried to connect but received a message that said the URL was incorrect.
    So if you do use the green button then we will need to undo what was added, which was that extra line.
    So use the Back button on your remote and then the KB will disappear and then use the Cancel option that will be seen on-screen.

You must do this Cancel function if you have opened that second or third line. Even if you never typed anything on the line, just the line being open messes things up.

Then start over by adding the URL again.

Once added, use the BACK button on the RCU and then the OK option which is seen onscreen.
    Next we want to back out of this Settings/Properties menu, so use the Back button again.

We should now be back onto the first Portal menu with the #1 portal showing and is no longer empty.
    Scroll to and highlight that Portal and then use the OK button on your RCU
    The screen will go black for a couple seconds and the next thing you should see is a Blue screen with a yellow loading bar.
    Your IPTV options will then open.

If however you get stuck on that black screen or do get a blue screen but it says your STB is blocked, simply use the 'Menu' button on your RCU and that brings up a small contex menu with some options.
    -Settings
    -Reload Portal
    -Change Portal
    -Exit

*Use the Settings option to go back and check that URL is correct.
    *Log back on website and check the MAC is correct and perform a reset.
    *Re-check your email that shows which URL you have and ensure it is same as you are using.

System Update
    Settings > System Update

Apk/App Install
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-06-2021 at 09:42 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thank you very much for all the information/instructions.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Thank you very much for all the information/instructions.
    It will be continued.
    I will keep adding to post #1 with other functions explained
    I have the server setup done , just have to get down on typed text
    I should be testing it's m3u capabilities then after. They say it's a MAC connection only method receiver, but it is a stalker emulation of the mag box and that box's Stalker can do m3u playlists, just not as well as some of the more premium boxes do. But does work well enough with its own fine points.
    So this box should work well with m3u playlist and we will see soon
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

sweet. let it come . can not wait to put my hands on this box Thanks
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

also, really budget box with great specs

Warrior
    os is old some of apk will not work
    and why use stb emu went you have s many players that can do mac and m3u at the sametime
    StreamPro FEATURES:

2GB DDR3 RAM
    8GB Internal Memory + Expandable Memory via MicroSD
    2 Internal Wi-Fi Antennas (Dual Band 2x2 Mimo)
    Android OS 7.1.2
    AMlogic S905W
    Thermal Reduction Metal Base
    OTA Updates for Android & StreamPro EMU

Over the last few years I have seen members ask for a box that is same as their old Mag box interface.
    I have seen this in public forums and thru private conversations.
    Believe me when I say that there are many people out there that do not want a change but do want a replacement for the older mag box.
    A freind of mine has a Dad like this and this box will be perfect for him.

It's my suspicion that this may be the reason why they released this box.
    It runs the exact same interface as the Mag models (mag250 Stalker emulation).
    the Global Media Box also does this but that GlobalBox has an even older Android OS onboard, while this StreamPro has a newer version onboard.

Anyway, that is just a suspicion of mine, but it does give a possible replacement for the older Mag boxes to those that do not want a change in their gurus
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    Over the last few years I have seen members ask for a box that is same as their old Mag box interface.
    I have seen this in public forums and thru private conversations.
    Believe me when I say that there are many people out there that do not want a change but do want a replacement for the older mag box.
    A freind of mine has a Dad like this and this box will be perfect for him.

It's my suspicion that this may be the reason why they released this box.
    It runs the exact same interface as the Mag models (mag250 Stalker emulation).
    the Global Media Box also does this but that GlobalBox has an even older Android OS onboard, while this StreamPro has a newer version onboard.

Anyway, that is just a suspicion of mine, but it does give a possible replacement for the older Mag boxes to those that do not want a change in their gurus
    that is the market

Server Setup added to post #1
    - Frank Zappa

thank you again for lots of work and detailed instructions.
    outstanding work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast