Thread: Delete groups

Junoir Member

Delete groups

Is there a way to delete groups on the T3 like other dreamlink models?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    You can add or delete any new Groups created by you, there is a Sticky thread about that.
    But can you can not delete the excisting Groups that are seen thru LiveTV or VODs

Only way really would be that you could get a hard copy of the Playlist (LiveTV and VODs) and open that list for editing thru Notepad editor on your PC's desktop.
    Then remove the channels you want to remove and save the work.

Use that edited hard copy thru the Playlist setup menus.
    You can add EPG Urls in there as well.

There is a downside to this thou.
    If and when there are channel changes done at the service level, then you would not see those changes until you get a new hardcopy from the service and do the editing again and then use that copy.

It is not as difficult as it sounds and if wanting to remove a category for good reason, like the 'Adults' category so your children do not accidentally open those channels, then it might be well worth the effort

But also you can add or change the lock out password for any channel.

One thing to note is that them PPV channels get updated with changes often and with the hardcopy that was not updated, you'd still get the new selections that were added, but it would be that you would not see the new names of the channel, they'd always show the name as it was when you downloaded the hardcopy.

I did not know you could delete Groups from other models
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Well, I should of said T1 plus you can edit groups. Press Group button > red button> it pulls up a box that allows to uncheck groups which stay hidden. You can add them back if needed.

I don't know how to upload a photo of it.

It would be great if it would get added to an update in the future on the T3.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    To upload photos, use a file host site and then paste the shared link here in coded form.
    mediafire.com is what I use.
    It asks for your name and email to register with, but you can give a false name and a false email (as log as the email is from a legit service).

But ... I see what you are referring to and no need for a picture.

I will try and get this request to the guys at Dreamlink or we might have to talk to the Formuler guys, but I will look into that.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa