Missing data for channels on guide

I have been having issues with EPG guides using adicdjesuz and kens EPG guides .

Problem is that channel data are missing for fox premium and sky channels along with a few HBO channels(Using the cinema group). This always happens when first starting up the guide after shutting down laptop or Nvidia box.

The only way it is fixed is when I use IPTVxtraII to reload the EPG data.

Using laptop: Kodi 18.6, Simple Client PVR, Amber or IPTVxtra skins

Nvidia box: Kodi 18.9, Simple Client PVR, Amber or IPTVxtra skins

Quote Originally Posted by olsts View Post
    I have been having issues with EPG guides using adicdjesuz and kens EPG guides .

Problem is that channel data are missing for fox premium and sky channels along with a few HBO channels(Using the cinema group). This always happens when first starting up the guide after shutting down laptop or Nvidia box.

The only way it is fixed is when I use IPTVxtraII to reload the EPG data.

Using laptop: Kodi 18.6, Simple Client PVR, Amber or IPTVxtra skins

Nvidia box: Kodi 18.9, Simple Client PVR, Amber or IPTVxtra skins
    Schedules Direct guide data services were DOWN yesterday so my EPG guides could not be compiled and disseminated.
    *I think Acid's guide is derived also from SD.
    /shooty

On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam...
    That's correct what Shooty said, SD was down last night. Most of the East coast of US had issues with the internet. I'm in the Midwest and I think I was affected by that outage, I was going through my logs and I saw my server had issues with connecting to the internet. But as of this morning (5am-ish) everything should be all good.

aCiD.
    Catch me smoking weed where the Wild things are.

Junoir Member
    Not trying to hijack but I have been seeing this same problem for a while. It started missing data after moving to kodi 18.x. I have another unit still on kodi 17.x and it will load the guide on startup but will not refresh if left up for days. Both on android boxes. I had mentioned it to Crazed and he said Shooty may know something about it?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by wingster View Post
    Not trying to hijack but I have been seeing this same problem for a while. It started missing data after moving to kodi 18.x. I have another unit still on kodi 17.x and it will load the guide on startup but will not refresh if left up for days. Both on android boxes. I had mentioned it to Crazed and he said Shooty may know something about it?
    Thanks in advance.
    To make a short story long...,
    When I re-wrote IPTVXtra2 v.16 and up, to facilitate new features like "Merging" 2 EPG sources into 1 combined EPG guide, as well as quicker startup, I set KODI's database that handles EPG data, to NOT load EPG data in the database, and to only load data from a locally cached file. This function is part an autoexecutable script that runs on startup of KODI, and starts the PVR client, since IPTVXtra2 Disables the PVR before KODI shuts down.

Normally with KODI, the PVR client, if Enabled in its settings, stays enabled on shutdown, and on startup, will load any EPG guide data that is in the date range specified in the PVR & LiveTV "Guide" settings, from the EPG database, then downloads fresh data from the specified EPG data source, and loads it in the database. There is also an EPG setting that sets the EPG data "Refresh Interval" that checks if there is still valid EPG guide data in the database that is in the date range specified in the settings, and if it is partially depleted, automatically downloads and refreshes with new data from the EPG data source.

To make a long story short...,
    Shutdown KODI daily if possible.
    This is the normal method that most users practice.

Damn! ...I knew I should have made a Video! LOL
    /Shooty

Well I do shut down Kodi each time on both devices. I do see that the Channels and guide on reloaded on Kodi startup but still have the same problem. I do use Merged data selection in Iptvxtra.

As I said only way to get full EPG is when reloading EPG data using Iptvxtra.

Any way to make this automatic and each Kodi startup?

Quote Originally Posted by olsts View Post
    Well I do shut down Kodi each time on both devices. I do see that the Channels and guide on reloaded on Kodi startup but still have the same problem. I do use Merged data selection in Iptvxtra.

As I said only way to get full EPG is when reloading EPG data using Iptvxtra.

Any way to make this automatic and each Kodi startup?
    Anything is possible, but would cause an extended startup and a Kodi restart, every time you open Kodi.
    There is a lot of processing involved to download and merge 2 external data sources, as well as reformatting of the Providers EPG (formatted incorrectly), saving the file locally, then requiring a restart.
    If you still have valid guide data upon startup, you do not have to go thru the process.
    My guide is a 4 day guide, updated every 3 days.
    Provider guide is usually 2 days.

IPTVXtra Help info;
    Merge Alternate and Provider EPG data: Will combine both EPG data, using the Alternate as main, and Provider as secondary.
    *Any channels missing from main, will be added from secondary, if present.
    **Merged EPG files are stored locally, and therefore requires you to refresh it every couple of days, or if you notice missing EPG data.(Just open IPTVXtra2, select Update and All).

/Shooty