Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junoir Member
    I have version 1.5.9.2

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    version I have been using for some time now is v1.5.0b1

I think the 'b' stands for beta

A free version may have adds or things like that and when switching the channel it may kick something in that tries to display an add and things get confused and is why your channels drop. How the ISP change is involved in all this is a mystery too, but may be related.
    But again, this is just me thinking out loud and I may be off-track with my thoughts

The version I use is a free version and works fine.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-24-2021 at 07:09 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I'll look for that version and try it. I appreciate all the help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sc404 View Post
    I'll look for that version and try it. I appreciate all the help on this.
    My pleasure

keep me updated on your progress, I like to know things
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I had used ES File Explorer for long time some time ago but then that app got sold a few times and beaten up lots with adds and other stuff.
    When I used them later version, I had issues many times with adds or updates to things I did not even have... them interruptions even closed down the explorer a few times.

So is reasoning why I suggest this as a possibility.
    I am not saying PP is doing anything like this, but even a few adds or other directives can cause issues on an android that is looking for a certain change of channel, but gets interrupted with these other things.
    The instant a break in communication is detected (like a channel change), then an add or other is initiated and that is what messes this up.
    That is this culprit
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-24-2021 at 08:30 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I tried PP v1.5.ob1 and nothing plays. I also tried loading the playlist into IPTV Smarters and nothing plays. However, IPTV Smarters is working with Xtreme Codes API. I also tested both these setups on another android device and got the same results. This one has me stumped. So for now, I have been using IPTV Smarters with the Xtreme Codes API setup.

I tried PP v1.5.ob1 and nothing plays. I also tried loading the playlist into IPTV Smarters and nothing plays. However, IPTV Smarters is working with Xtreme Codes API. I also tested both these setups on another android device and got the same results. This one has me stumped. So for now, I have been using IPTV Smarters with the Xtreme Codes API setup.
    I am using 1.5.9.2. I use it with the same account on 2 different ISP's.

What I notice about your setup and diagnostic steps is as follows;
    -You are using m3u playlist format instead of XC (Xtreme Codes API), to setup your login method.
    -You did not mention if your ISP Lock on your Account settings is Disabled (or had it enabled).

FYI, with PP ... to use XC, enter the generic m3u w/options playlist url, but select XC format.
    /Shooty
    Last edited by Shooty; 01-25-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Junoir Member
    My internet provider lock is disabled, country lock set to United States. I have sucessfully used the m3u setup in PP 1.5.9.2 for over 2 years with my previous ISP. The only thing that changed on my end was my ISP. Once the new ISP was up and running, I did an IPTV reset as instructed in the Donation checker and bam nothing worked. I only went to the XC setup when I could not find any other way to get myself up and running again.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Have You spoke with Customer Service with the ISP...?!? Tell them You need access for Your Android STB to catch up on the News as Your OTA Antenna doesn't give You the News Channel You Want...!!
    WWJD...!!!

My internet provider lock is disabled, country lock set to United States. I have sucessfully used the m3u setup in PP 1.5.9.2 for over 2 years with my previous ISP. The only thing that changed on my end was my ISP. Once the new ISP was up and running, I did an IPTV reset as instructed in the Donation checker and bam nothing worked. I only went to the XC setup when I could not find any other way to get myself up and running again.
    I mentioned it just in case you did not know about using XC login with PP.
    You did say you prefer PP, and you did say XC setup was working with the other App!
    /Shooty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast